attension!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

Hatchling Member
every one says the repti sun needs to cover half the tank and needs to be 6-8 inches away to work. I believe though that if it is a on the basking spot 6-8 inches away it can be any size you want. Cause most of the majority of the membors here have one thing 6-8 inches away from the uvb which is the basking spot. so why waste money on a bigger bulb if it will not be used for its full use? how would it do any thing 6-8 inches away if nothing is that close to it?

Lennifer

Juvie Member
The more lighting u have in your enclosure, the happier your beardie will be. The heat source & the UVB light are two totally dif lights & are needed for dif reasons so I'm not sure I understand why u r comparing them to each other? I have always heard & been told that the UVB should stretch across the entire length of the tank to provide maximum UVB throughout the entire tank & to keep things nice & bright for a happy beardie. I have the ReptiSun 10 & have had no issues thus far.

~Sandy

cheese

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i know i am not comparing does the basking spot look like a light? i am saying the uvb bulb should be 6-8 inches away and if your beardie is on the basking spot most of the time or ther is nothing close enough for it t work other wise the basking spot then WHY BUY SOMTHING MORE EXPENSUVE?just a thought thugh

LJean

Extreme Poster
I agree with you cheese. If the bulb doesn't do much good further away than the 6-8 inches, and the basking spot is that close, no real need to have the uvb throughout the entire enclosure. The dragons are getting the good uvb while basking.

isu712

Hatchling Member
I think that people will get a light that spans the whole tank to simply provide more light, not necessarily to provide UVB throughout the entire enclosure. If your UVB light only spans a foot or so, it would be a good idea to get a light for the other portion of the tank, simply for the reason of providing a brighter enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom