ASPIRATE? NEED HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
okay today i was giving my beardie a bath and he started drinking the water? and he got water in his
ears and maybe in his nose i don't know but about 2 hours later i was holding him when all of sudden
bobbles and water came out of his nose! i quickly turned him upside-down!
do you think he has water in his nose???

Esther19

BD.org Addict
It would be good if you could put him on a nose downward incline for a while to give any remaining water a chance to drain out. Try to keep the overnight temps in his tank around 80 until you're sure he's out of the woods. If you have a water dish in his tank, this would be a great time to remove it. Dragons very rarely drink standing water, and it raises the humidity level in the tank. These things will help stave off a respiratory infection, if he did aspirate any water. Let us know how he is doing.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
40 might be just a bit aggressive. If he seems comfortable, though, it's probably fine. Enough of a tilt for water drainage, but not enough to make him uncomfortable. I'm sure you'll know what's right.

10-15 minutes x 3 or 4 spread out over a few hours is what I would do.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Glad to be of help. Please let us know how he is doing. Do check back to see if anyone else has advice for you, too.

ToothlessTheDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ok i will do both of those,
held him for about 20 minutes (at a angle) and did not see any more water,
so i hope that the worse is behind him now :|

Esther19

BD.org Addict
He very well could be over the worst. Keep a close eye on him for a few days for signs of a possible URI. Guard against drafts, etc. Please continue to keep us informed of his progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom