Arm waving at me, and beard puffing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronni1123

I have come to the conclusion that my little boy, is actually a girl.

But arm waving, and puffing out her beard? (It didn't turn black)

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Arm waving means submission, in other words "you're bigger than me, so please don't eat me". Beard puffing can just mean your baby has discovered he/she has a beard & is stretching it out. Usually black bearding is to show dominance, fear or anger. I have 5 adult males, they puff, black beard & bob just for the fun of it and always at each other if one is out roaming. One of mine discovered, at 5 mo old, that he could make a black beard & actually crossed his eyes trying to see if, so much so that he fell off his log :lol: He's now 4 1/2 yrs old & rarely black beards, only if something really bothering him.

How old is your beardie? If under 5 mo old, then he/she's just discovering what a beard is all about. If he turns out to be a male, expect black bearding at about 5 mo old, or if a female not so much, what I call brown-bearding. If you lift his/her tail 90 degrees, and you see two bumps, one on each side of the tail above the vent, it's a boy. If a lump underneath the vent, it's a girl. Sometimes they're not old enough to determine. Check out the article on sexing at the top of the site, it explains with pictures what to look for.

Ronni1123

Original Poster
sweetiepie9":35ofqrxo said:
Arm waving means submission, in other words "you're bigger than me, so please don't eat me". Beard puffing can just mean your baby has discovered he/she has a beard & is stretching it out. Usually black bearding is to show dominance, fear or anger. I have 5 adult males, they puff, black beard & bob just for the fun of it and always at each other if one is out roaming. One of mine discovered, at 5 mo old, that he could make a black beard & actually crossed his eyes trying to see if, so much so that he fell off his log :lol: He's now 4 1/2 yrs old & rarely black beards, only if something really bothering him.

How old is your beardie? If under 5 mo old, then he/she's just discovering what a beard is all about. If he turns out to be a male, expect black bearding at about 5 mo old, or if a female not so much, what I call brown-bearding. If you lift his/her tail 90 degrees, and you see two bumps, one on each side of the tail above the vent, it's a boy. If a lump underneath the vent, it's a girl. Sometimes they're not old enough to determine. Check out the article on sexing at the top of the site, it explains with pictures what to look for.

I don't really know how only she is. She is about 10 inches long.. I've tried to figure it out, but can't. How old do you think she'd be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom