Argument with a local breeder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
Ps. Sorry about my grammer n misspelled words im posting from my phone so it acts up if i try to go back n correct any mess ups lol. So please grammer nazi bare with me. Thank u. ;)

jloucks

HYPORollo":1oxxnpcs said:
Ps. Sorry about my grammer n misspelled words im posting from my phone so it acts up if i try to go back n correct any mess ups lol. So please grammer nazi bare with me. Thank u. ;)

That last post might have been the longest sentence I have ever seen. :mrgreen:

HYPORollo

Juvie Member
When i post i cant really see whats going down past a few words i dont know why my phone messes up so bad but my laptop should be back up soon so please bare with me lol

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
ohsmileb":1d29hrpq said:
Oh my... My grammar nazi self came out reading all her misspelled words lol. She would've hated me for that reason alone

Truly. No one can accuse her of having any kind of a command of the English language- her grammar AND her spelling leave much to the imagination. While this isn't always an indication of topical ignorance, there appears to be little doubt here.

If you want to read something just a little scary, check out her ad for "Awesome Child Care" :shock:
Yikes!

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Ya that's a good combination to have in an apartment, BD breeding and child care. I checked out her posts, she's only 20. So fresh out of school and such bad grammar, very sad.

The picture in the add is supposedly of a 3 month old beardie, it's smaller than her palm. I emailed her about considering a diet change for them.

Faustia13

She is freaking crazy and lying nut job. For someone to be a "experience" breeder, the FIRST thing they would have known is to NEVER give a beardie iceberg lettuce.

And I advises to anyone if you're going to buy ANY animal from a "unlicensed" breeder go to a local vet or reptile stores and get additional knowledge or in this case, professional reptile knowledge.
Not only that get books about bearded dragon.

Sentence removed, threatening and pls remember, this is a PG 13 site. Added by moderator.
She didn't or couldn't even back up her why she was right, just got defensive and "Claimed" she was a expert.
Now when some tried to argue me down saying I was going to kill my beardie for feeding it. peanut butter I gave the detailed reason why i did.

My beardie is a baby and as I know they need fat and protein. At the time I had trouble getter her crickets so I thought about what my options were, she wouldn't eat hard boiled eggs and eating dandelions is good but I need fat and protein so I decided on peanut butter.

Faustia13

Opps wasn't finished.

They said something like, "If they don't eat peanut butter in the wild the why would you feed it to the it will kill them.

:roll: So your telling me they eat pellets in the wild? :roll:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
HYPORollo":1e39vd4u said:

:wink: it's okay, you're using a phone. Lol. I'm always making typos on mine too but I'm def not claiming to be a "professional" breeder of any sort

Lenewen

Juvie Member
Oh my... My grammar nazi self came out reading all her misspelled words lol. She would've hated me for that reason alone

She seriously cannot construe a proper sentence, it was the first thing I noticed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have found vendors on this site that sell beardeds and feeders that have no comprehension of the basic fundamentals of the english language and honestly, the service from them has been sub-par.

I don't know about you guys, but I value professionalism above all else and not being able to construe a proper sentence (not even one!) tells me I should take my business elsewhere.

I wrote a letter to her:

I saw your ad. Your spelling and grammar tells me you are no professional but regardless, you need a good dose of 'edjumucation' from a *real* breeder.

For starters, baby Bearded dragons can eat up to 100 small crickets a day. 4 medium crix are hardly going to be enough to have a happy, healthy, growing bearded dragon. Medium crickets would also be too big for this little lizard and you should be feeding pinheads instead. If you hadn't starved her up until this point, she'd be big enough for medium crickets. But we'll get to that.

The bearded dragon in your hand that you claim is 3 months old is severely growth stunted. My babies at 3 months old are at least 7-8 inches long and much heftier. You are starving your animals.

Orange bearded dragons are NOT rare, I have one. $100 is a typical retail price, I'm not knocking you for that, but you are blatantly trying to lie to people who are looking for a dragon. There is nothing special about the dragon in your hand. Just because you were fool enough to pay that much for her parents does not increase her market value. It is uneducated people like you that give educated people like me a bad name and when REAL rare morphs come out onto the market, make customers doubt their legitimacy.

You should NEVER feed iceberg lettuce to a bearded dragon. It has NO nutritional value and I'd love to see you send me a legit internet source that says otherwise. Iceberg is not nutritional for humans either. You need to be feeding turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, dandelion greens, etc. If you want to eat iceberg lettuce, fine, but don't force your dragons to eat food devoid of any nutritional value.

I hope some of the wisdom I have bestowed upon you will help. A healthy dose of Education never hurt anyone and goodness knows you need it.

Go to beardeddragon.org and EDUCATE! :D

Truly Yours,
Lenewen

I'll post any replies I get :)

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
Lenewen":gm8t9n7c said:
I saw your ad. Your spelling and grammar tells me you are no professional but regardless, you need a good dose of 'edjumucation' from a *real* breeder.

hee hee hee :)

add to that, a breeder should at a minimum understand what the breed is that they're selling - specifically, a special orange morph (or whatever she called it) is not a rare breed, or itself in fact, not a breed at all. It is a variant of the breed, which is Pogona vitticeps. doh...
poor little dragon, with its eyes closed, in her hands...

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Lenewen":3vlq18wj said:
I don't know about you guys, but I value professionalism above all else and not being able to construe a proper sentence (not even one!) tells me I should take my business elsewhere.

I could not agree more

Entity

Hatchling Member
I think my brain broke reading this whole thing. Seriously if she's supposed to be a breeder she should be treating her dragons right, now giving them food that's bad as all heck for them. I looked at her ads too, and not only am I disappointed, I'm ashamed. People like this give breeders everywhere a bad name.

Awesome job on that letter, hopefully she'll get some sense and if not? Well, I feel horrid for those beardies. I bet they don't like her either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom