Are you a BD worrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
Yep, know the feeling all too well.
I call home all the time to ask someone to just do a quick check on him for me. I have this fear of his light bulb bursting and lighting him on fire when im not there. My fears are endless.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Aw, heck. I was not previously worried about the exploding light, but now I am. Ugh.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
sixxmum":9e0e1 said:
Aw, heck. I was not previously worried about the exploding light, but now I am. Ugh.
Sorry sixxmum...but that just cracked me up :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

MarianaL87

Hatchling Member
ErinMeetsMachine":0b871 said:
does that happen?

Thats my fear, is that ill be the unlucky one to experience such a freak accident.
I thank the lord every time Brian poops, just so that i KNOW for a FACT he doesnt have an impaction.

ErinMeetsMachine

Sub-Adult Member
haha I am the SAME way! Everytime she poops (no matter how gross it is) I am excited. Even when it's in her food dish :puke:

About the light.. Didn't someone post on here about a uth in their snakes cage that shorted out?? Also, we have these light bulbs with bent tips in our ceiling fan that sometimes when the burn out the filiment bursts... but i've never had that happen with a regular light bulb or floodlights, I think we're safe. I'm sure the worry won't go away.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Scorch was SUPPOSED to be my 15 yr old son's pet. He wanted to keep him in his room and I said NO he stays in the family room where I can see that he is ok. About two days after he came home my husband turned off his lights when he left the house because he thought that was ok. :banghead: I came home with the kids from school and I thought my 12 yr old was going to have a heart attack. "He's burnt, He's burt!!" he started screaming. Poor little guy was cold and had pancaked himself and turned as dark as he could trying to soak up some heat. He looked ashen gray. It took a while for me to calm him down. Let me tell you the husband got a talking to after that and told NEVER to touch the lights. :twisted: I would definately consider myself a worrier. I am worried he will fall off the bed or couch, thought he had mites when his beard started getting its orange color. Thought he had parasites cause his poo stunk... My son has decided that he is now my pet even though he plays with him every day does help feed him. But he mostly snuggles with mom and I am the one who constantly worries and spends entirely too much time on here trying to learn how to be a proper slave. hehe
Now he is begging for a snake that can be kept in his room and be his alone...sigh :roll: So I guess I am destined to have a house full of reptiles to worry about.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
ErinMeetsMachine":52c6a said:
I think I drive my family crazy.. maybe even my BD with my worrying...
Ditto. At dinner, I'm ranting about how Budo had a lazy day and wouldn't come out or he didn't eat all of his mealworms (GASP! :shock: ) or how my snake STILL isn't eating (after 3 months, you'd think it would stop surprising me) or how Budo might be dehydrated because he wasn't drinking the water I sprayed on his nose or how he might be impacted because he hadn't pooed in a full three hours... I imagine I am pretty annoying. :D Thus is the way with mommies, I guess.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I feel your pain. The first thing I say to my kids when I call after they get home from school isn't "how are you?," it's "did you feed the dragons? how much did they eat? did they pooh? both of them? are they basking?" Good mom!

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So, today one of the lizards ate a whole 5 crickets and a few pellets. She also didn't poo as far as I know. Now I'm totally worried. :banghead:

kmlc

Oh y god - i worry ALL THE DANG TIME

Only had my baby for, ooh lets see now, 5 days.... he has pooped once... and im worried that he hasnt pooped more. Omg

Also, i held him for the first time yesterday and he was so lovely - skittish but lovely. This is normal though right?
I am very ashmaned to say i dropped him :( :shock: :oops: :cry:
I totally didnt mean to - i got up to sit on the sofa and he just jumped out of my hand. :silent:

But, he's ok i think, he kept movnig and seemed happy enough.

I feed him about twice a day - each time he only has 3-4 locust. He just doesnt seem that interested after about 3. And im freaking out that he hasn't pooped more.
What are the symptons to impaction? :study:

I am a totaly worry wart. Im joining the club :)

USMILE143

WOW! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE. MY 6 YR OLD SON TELLS ME I WORRY TO MUCH. I MOVED THE TANK INTO HIS ROOM, BECAUSE IT IS HIS PET, BUT I HESITATED. NOW I AM IN HIS ROOM WATCHING THIS NEW BEARDIE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK. SOMETIMES WHEN HE IS SLEEPING I GET WORRIED, BUT I AM DOING BETTER NOW. HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE HE IS BREATHING WHEN HE SLEEPS. HOW LONG TILL YOU CAN TELL THE SEX? MY BEARDIE IS 2 MONTHS OLD AND THE PET STORE SAID IT WAS A BOY. I THINK IT'S TO YOUNG TO TELL.

IF MY BEARDIE DOESN'T POOP I CHECK THE HEAT AND MAKE SURE ONE SIDE OF THE TANK IS PROPER HEATING FOR DIGESTION.

HOW OFTEN DO THEY NEED A BATH? I AM USING LUKE WARM WATER. MY BEARDIE GOT HIS FIRST BATH AND BLEW UP LIKE A BALLOON. IT WAS MAD AT ME.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Small girl (well, I think she's a girl) ate 30 crickets and some veggies today and pooed two times. I still wish she would eat more. She eats about 1/2 as much as her "brother" and he's getting bigger much faster (exactly the same enclosure conditions but not together)

threecupsofcoffee

Hatchling Member
ohh yes, it's not until you realise just how many times you visit this forum for advice, but you don't want to post it incase everyone is thinking ohhh not her again does she have any clue?! :oops: i'm training my self to try not to worry so much but hey.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I worry when I ship them overnight. I am sure they're fine but I don't sleep well that night, and I hover over the phone or computer the next day until I know they all arrived safely and they are healthy.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom