Are you a BD worrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
I fret quite a lot about the babies. I have both of them on my lap at this moment (each in their own burrito). Now, I'm worrying that they went to sleep too fast. LOL Earlier, I worried that Feliz decided to eat no crickets at dinner (she had about 30 for lunch, so she is certainly not starving, but I fret! It's like having a newborn (though after six of them, I don't worry so much).

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
They will worry you forever! I believe we are all a bunch of compulsive over-worriers. Dont worry, its normal! :wink: :lol:

And 6 kids, WOW!

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Great! : ) Now I can worry about the dogs, the cats, the dragons, and the kids!

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Can I join the worried club? I constantly worry about my 10 yr odls baby bearded ragon. We got 5 saturdays ago (was 6-8 weeks at the time). Had beginning stages of calcium defice. Fixed that problem, pinworms, workig on that problem, one small tremor today-calcium worry again (tho vet sasy we have done everything right) and then his pancake thing that I had not seen before. My kids give me enough gray hars!

Random

All I ever do is worry about my dragon. I check on him constantly. He gets pretty aggrivated w me lol. Maybe I read up too much on BD problems? So yeah, I can relate. I just keep telling myself that the worry comes from love... As a mother of a houseful, I say that a lot lol. It works.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Don't worry about the pancake thing. They do that. Sometimes it's to help absorb more heat. Sometimes it's kinda like hiding. You know-I'm not here, I'm just a nice flat rock, not a fat tasty dragon, just a flat rock. :lol:
Wait till he puffs up like a balloon in the tub and starts floating around. Bogie loves to do that! :D The first time can startle you though. Try not to stress too much. They are strange and seem to love to worry us.

Sandy H

SIX!?! I have my hands full w/t two. Hats off to you. Keep up the good work. :D

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
munchkins9802":18065 said:
Can I join the worried club? I constantly worry about my 10 yr odls baby bearded ragon. We got 5 saturdays ago (was 6-8 weeks at the time). Had beginning stages of calcium defice. Fixed that problem, pinworms, workig on that problem, one small tremor today-calcium worry again (tho vet sasy we have done everything right) and then his pancake thing that I had not seen before. My kids give me enough gray hars!

Ok, I feel so much better reading this. I am also a "beardie grandma" and I worry incessantly. I had no idea how deeply this sweet little creature was going to work it's into all of our hearts, and as for me, I'm completely smitten. I told myself this would be my son's pet (hubby and I have our two cats afterall), but when son's little dragon started going downhill, I freaked, came here, started reading, and now I visit here, and check on the beardie, several times a day (not including feeding and such that my son and I do together--for now, until he feels super comfortable doing it himself). When the little dearie started shedding last Sunday, my son and I actually danced around the room together, singing and laughing (ok, I think there might have been an errant tear in there as well :oops: ). Today, beardie pooped twice, and you'd think he'd done a double twisting back flip. I was positively gushing (hasn't had a two poop day since before he started going downhill, so there WAS cause for celebration but still...). :roll:

For me, I believe the worrying stems from taking care of a creature that is more or less, foreign to me. I mean, cats are easy. They're mammals, and I KNOW mammals. When our cat had a heart murmur and the vet suggested a thyroid issue, I dealt with it in a relatively relaxed manner. When the other was drinking and peeing a lot, the vet suggested diabetes. Again, ok, we'll deal with that. And we have, successfully on both counts, and with concern of course, but not stress necessarily. The reptile thing, it's VERY cool, but also very mysterious in it's way, and so I think it's to be expected that our concerns would be heightened when things don't feel or look just right. And these little ones, they just seem so, so precious. Delicate even. Then again, I seem to recall behaving this way about 8 years ago when my son was born. So, maybe the mammal vs. reptile thing doesn't hold one ounce of water... that, I tend toward the OCD pretty heavily so... yikes, what does this say about how I feel about my cats?! :wink:

The best to all fellow worriers,
Em

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Embee":3a23b said:
Then again, I seem to recall behaving this way about 8 years ago when my son was born. So, maybe the mammal vs. reptile thing doesn't hold one ounce of water... that, I tend toward the OCD pretty heavily so... yikes, what does this say about how I feel about my cats?! :wink:

Em, I think it's fear of the unknown! Like when you have your first child, it doesn't matter how many books you've read or people you've talked to. You are still fearful...it's something new and strange to your world!! Not only that I also believe it has to do with information overload. Years ago there were no books, tv, internet or child phsycologists that filled your head with crap about what every little thing your child did meant. Therefore, you weren't looking for signs of what might be going wrong...you were enjoying your baby!!

I am a worry wart and a fellow OCDer...but when we got our bd I didn't know about this site and all the things that could poosibly go wrong with a "Lizard". We just put her in a tank and hoped for the best. Thankfully I was lucky enough to have never had any problems(knock on wood). Since joining this website 5 months ago I worry more about her now than I did in the 5 years I've had her...LOL...go figure!!!!

Dawn :D

Boy do I know the feeling and I agree with the replies. I'm what society calls "Highly Functioning Autistic." I have an IQ of about 150 (a curse not a blessing), and OCD, among other things. I remember when I had my first son 13 years ago. I read every book I could get my hands on. Just like I did before bringing my son's beardie home. But the first night I was alone with my son, after all the people had left and my husband was asleep, my son started crying. And no matter what I did he wouldn't stop. And I remember how scared I was. I wound up crying with him. And I handled him like he was made of porcelain. Changing a diaper took 10 minutes. By the time my daughter was born, and I felt like a pro, well, I could change a diaper in 20 seconds flat. And no rash. I laughed about the shedding thing, cause my son's beardie went into shed 3 days after we brought it home and we all got very excited, too, because I knew that was a sign of good health. We all gathered around the viv and pointed and exclaimed and oohed and aahed. So I totally get it. LOL. It's all about nurturing and caring. Like someone else said. And teaching our kids nurturing and caring. :lol:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh im a worrier too! I make sure the temps are right try and give him veggie snacks so hes not hungry during the day. He has a bath everyday 10 mins so he poops and he dosnt in his viv. I check on him alot , he did the whole eyebulging thing on me oh boy i came here and started surfing posts! Whew was i relieved its normal. He started opening his mouth and not closing it , again i freaked and came here hunting posts lol whew that was normal! He was hot and didnt wanna move out of the heat goofy bugga. I love this site! He acts funny and off i goooo. Im always telling my daughter , dont hold him to high from the ground in case he jumps/falls make sure to watch him every second when hes outside! I hear mommmmm i know i know relax! Im glad im not the only one!!! :D :lol:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm not a worrier, normally, but with our beardies I am. After loosing 4 beardies in a 2 year period we tend to worry more than we did with the first two. When Miss Y stopped eating my husband figured that something was wrong and 2 months later when you could clearly see the bones in her tail, we took her into the pet store and they said "something is wrong go to this vet" She died about one year after that. Miss O died from sever kidney failure. The vet we took her to could have done something but she died as we didn't get her into the vet in time. Now that Zoom Zoom is not eating (she isn't loosing weight like Miss Y did) we still tend to worry about her. Speedy has two toe nails that broke off or something and we are worried about that because if she looses her grip and falls, we could have another Redrock incident on our hands. It looks like one is starting to grow back, but I'm not sure as it hasn't seemed to have grown much.

sixxmum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, it's good to know I'm not alone. I worry when they eat too much and when they eat too little. I worry if they seem to sleepy or too frantic. My husband is already tired of hearing about it and it's only been a month!

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Okay, I'll admit it, I was and still am (hush boys) a worrier. I have 3 babies at this time, and I will probably get more (no really boys, I'm kidding) in time.
I have 2 5 week olds from California Citrus Dragons, and 1 6 1/2 month old rescue/adoptee.
I went through most of my fits (yeah right) before I got any of them, but being on forums like this one, has made me quite confident I can handle the ups and downs of dragon rearing, and being a slave in training.
Janie

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Oh i know im gonna be worrying soon, i get 2 new babys in 2 weeks they will be 6weeks when i get them, dinky :( Chimera was 4 months i think when we got him so he wasnt to bad but eekk im afraid the lil ones will break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom