Are those things dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those things dangerous? I have never had one and I don't think I will. I have a cat. I think he is enough for a home pet. Sorry guys and girls.

jessLrds99

Original Poster
Kalyn876":ml6bup6d said:
I personally think my cat is far more dangerous than either of my beardies. :mrgreen:

Really? Wow, that is interesting. I have not seen any of them sold in my city. I am from Poltava, Ukraine. We just had Euro 2012 in our country. That was fun. So, what do you guys and girls talk here about, the dragons? Like all the time?

jessLrds99

Original Poster
Hey Kalyn, what a cute girl you are. Uf, I would not be able to tell you that in person lol. Guys are terrible with cute girls lol.

RainMaiden

Not anymore dangerous than any other pet with claws and teeth. :wink: Bearded Dragons are pretty well known for being laid back lizards that seem to genuinely enjoy human contact. They are not known for being aggressive.

jessLrds99

Original Poster
RainMaiden":39nwq3b1 said:
Not anymore dangerous than any other pet with claws and teeth. :wink: Bearded Dragons are pretty well known for being laid back lizards that seem to genuinely enjoy human contact. They are not known for being aggressive.
This is really cool Rain, I did not know it. So, are they slow? They look kinda slow, you know, so laid back and relaxed. My guess is they don't eat much, do they? Coz to eat a lot you need to lose some of that energy, no? It is like small kids, they eat lots coz they act like crazy, as if they were running on duracel batteries :) I have a one year old child .... he is not like that, just yet, but in a few months, I am guessing he will be like crazy, running and jumping all the time, wow, poor me :) So, where does everyone come from on this forum?

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Well see young dragons start off skittish so really jumpy and when u go to grab them like that they can jump and run and u might get freaked by it I was when I first got Zeus see the good things about dragons is that if they want to be left alone they will puff their beard and that means hey I'm not in the mood don't touch me and some will do that a couple times but I think most of the times ive heard people get a bite from one is when they tried hand feeding a bug and the dragon bit them by accident but in the 10-15 years u have them u have a 1-1000000 chance of getin bit

jessLrds99

Original Poster
Zeusmybeardie":3ujsjagf said:
Well see young dragons start off skittish so really jumpy and when u go to grab them like that they can jump and run and u might get freaked by it I was when I first got Zeus see the good things about dragons is that if they want to be left alone they will puff their beard and that means hey I'm not in the mood don't touch me and some will do that a couple times but I think most of the times ive heard people get a bite from one is when they tried hand feeding a bug and the dragon bit them by accident but in the 10-15 years u have them u have a 1-1000000 chance of getin bit

Thanks for the info, Zeusmybeardie (uf, that is some long username to type!) You know, what I went to that other thread where a person was telling he or she was freaking out and was afraid of their own dragon ..... I looked at some of those pics that were attached to that thread and what can I say, dragons you guys have look really tiny. I see no way of being scared of something as small and kinda cute as those dragons! :) It is all good, I trust you. What that is still a funny pet to have. They are not very common in our country. I guess cats and dogs are common choices :)

drstevo

I feel closest to my bearded dragon than any of my other animals...I have 2 dogs (soon to be a lot more as molly is pregnant), 3 cats and livestock such as sheep and cattle (not really pets). My Bearded dragon (Deano) also knows law as I often practice public speaking in front of him :lol:

Best wishes,
Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom