Arcadia 12% vs. Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adriana

So I installed a beautiful new T5 high output fixture in my enclosure tonight. I had ordered my first Arcadia 12% bulb a couple of weeks ago, after reading about it on this site, and couldn't wait to finally try it out. So, with much excitement and anticipation, I carefully opened the package, and... out fell a thousand tiny shards of glass. My bulb had been destroyed by the U.S. Postal Service on its journey from Maine to California!

After getting over my initial disappointment, I started to wonder, is the Arcadia really worth it? Should I try to re-order from Light Your Reptiles, and hope that the next bulb will fare better on its 3,000-mile journey? Or should I just pick up a Reptisun at the local reptile store? Is there a significant difference in UV light spectrum between the two bulbs? What health benefits does the Arcadia have over the Reptisun?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh, that's a shame that the Postal Service destroyed it. Todd from Light Your Reptiles packs them VERY well. I have gotten multiple bulbs from him and it took us quite a while to get them unpacked. :lol: Did you contact Todd to let him know what happened? If not, I would do that as he will make good on the one that got destroyed. You could either call him or send him an email, he is awesome to deal with.

The Arcadia bulbs are superior to the Repti-Sun bulbs with the UV output. Since they are stronger, you actually put them further away than the 6 to 8" distance that is used for the Repti-Sun and if you have a Solar Meter, you're able to move them closer as the UV index starts to decline.

Hope this info helps.

Goodtruant

Sub-Adult Member
I've recently been in contact with Frances from the UVGuide and here's what she has to say about Arcadia 12% and Reptisun 10.0.

"I’ve attached my latest report on the ZooMed Reptisun 10.0 T8 (1” diameter) tube. When fitted with a reflector these (and the identical Arcadia D3+ 12%UVB) provide the equivalent of early morning spring sunlight (UV Index about 3) at a distance of around 10 inches above his back. These are the T8 tubes that come out the best on all the test results. This test report will be in the updated website when I get it finished."

I'm not sure how the T5 bulbs faired...

USCgrad

From what everyone is saying, the t5 ho is twice the power of the t8's..and should be on par with the 12% with the reflector...but it's still new and still be tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom