Apparently I Have a Reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When my sister-in-law and her family went on vacation recently, I (along with my boyfriend and their mom) were going to their house to look after their cats and bearded dragons. Now my sister-in-law and her family have heard all about Jasper and how I had to handfeed him, and about Campbell and how I have to syringe feed her. So I had to laugh when I was reading their care instructions, only to see a note at the bottom that read:

**Please don't hand feed! :D **

I burst out laughing and pointed it out to my boyfriend. He wouldn't hand feed them, and there's no way his mom would. I said "Why didn't they just write, 'Please don't handfeed, SANDI!'" I guess I have a reputation as a spoiler of beardies! :oops: :laughhard:

And for the record: No, I didn't hand feed them! It was fun to watch them chase their crickets.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Lol I think they've found you out. They should add no excessive handling, no kisses, no overcuddling... Heck their should have just been a big sign on the cage No Spoiling the Dragons Sandi!!!

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
Sandi, I would expect that you would have a spoiler's reputation, but Jasper loved it and I'm sure the new dragon does too. You're a good beardie mom! :lol:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Yes, that is a reputation to be proud of. Your boyfriend should get you a t-shirt that says "spoiler alert" so you can wear it next time you see them.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
dolcedragon":a8db2 said:
Lol I think they've found you out. They should add no excessive handling, no kisses, no overcuddling... Heck their should have just been a big sign on the cage No Spoiling the Dragons Sandi!!!

These are some of the most spoiled dragons I've ever met! The girls take great care of them, handle them every day, bathe them, cuddle them, love on them... it's fantastic. But they have this crazy thing about wanting their beardies to be, you know, active. :lol:

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
Sandi, when we got Jada, Phil told me NOT to hand feed her because we already have two that will only eat if we handfeed them. Well, she is almost 8 months old and won't eat during the day unless I give her greens juice in the morning. She has watched me for months feed Magick and Semi and now she wants it also. I just don't feed her food with a plastic spoon, only juice. Then a bath and a poop. She will then eat during the day, if I don't give her juice, she won't eat a thing all day long. :shock:

I think you have a great beardie reputation. Nothing at all wrong with spoiling them. :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's the kind of reputation any beardie lover would be honored to have :p

Trickseedog

Every one knows that if an animal comes into this house, it WILL be spoiled, no excuses, no apologies!!!

You're a good lizard mom!!!

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
pscaulkins":ae2b2 said:
Sandi, when we got Jada, Phil told me NOT to hand feed her because we already have two that will only eat if we handfeed them. Well, she is almost 8 months old and won't eat during the day unless I give her greens juice in the morning. She has watched me for months feed Magick and Semi and now she wants it also. I just don't feed her food with a plastic spoon, only juice. Then a bath and a poop. She will then eat during the day, if I don't give her juice, she won't eat a thing all day long. :shock:

I think you have a great beardie reputation. Nothing at all wrong with spoiling them. :D
What kind of juice do they have?I have i never tried that but i bet Malibu would love some.

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Sandi!

I know you have taken tender care of your special babies, and have always made sure they have whatever they need. You are a loving, protective and thoughtful beardie mom who continues to learn whatever necessary to be sure to provide the best care, body, mind and spirit! As far as I'm concerned, you can't have a better rep than that! :notworthy: :love5: :laughing6:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Sandi, that was funny! You're right, it's fun to watch them chase and eat crickets. Zoom Zoom used to do that, with her tail curled straight up at attention. She doesn't do it as much anymore, and I miss watching her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom