Apollo, The Sun God

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my new beardie, Apollo. He's a super citrus leatherback which came in yesterday from Fire and Ice Dragons. This was my first time ordering from them and have been super impressed by Terri. Super fast response to my questions I've been emailing and Apollo came home very alert, very active, and little signs of stress.

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Sorry about the poor quality picture, but I thought this was pretty funny....

Why is his place so much bigger than mine?

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
lol, it doesn't help that he's standing in front of a 4 foot long viv

Can you post a close up of him to his colors now? I am thinking about ordering a baby from fire and ice. I am looking at Zeus and Tansy's clutch. Have you been happy with fire and ice and are the colors what you expected? Would you buy from them again?

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
He is such a cutie I cant wait to see his colors as an adult but let's not talk about him growing lets enjoy him as a baby

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beachgirl5757":31yvxyvn said:
Can you post a close up of him to his colors now? I am thinking about ordering a baby from fire and ice. I am looking at Zeus and Tansy's clutch. Have you been happy with fire and ice and are the colors what you expected? Would you buy from them again?

He's currently shedding right now so I'll post up to date pics once that's done.

I have been very happy with Fire and Ice. We kept in close contact for the first few weeks that I had Apollo just because THEY wanted to make sure he was settling in fine and everything was going good with his feedings and temps. I didn't requested the follow up and follow through, they did. I was very impressed by how much they care about the babies.

The colors are not what I expected BUT that's only because they don't show their true colors until they are adults. He is a very pale color right now with a lot of orange which I was assured is normal. If I have the extra money, I will definitely buy from Fire & Ice again.

Awesome I can't wait to see his pic! I am considering ordering with them but there seem to be quite the mixed reviews. I really want a super citrus beardie though :) I am glad to hear things seemed to go so positively and that they followed up with you on everything.

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
IMG_20130611_180322_zps5e5994f2.jpg

My boys lounging after dinner

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That is Zeus, my rescue. He's 1yr and 7 months old. Sadly his previous owner no longer had time for him and needed to re-home him. Lucky for him I took him in, he's spoiled with his own custom viv, fresh greens and dubias daily, 2 or 3 baths a week, and he gets to roam around a few times a week. :D He's super cool, I love him :blob8:

Oki05

Gray-bearded Member
That sounds like my baby girl Noodle's story. I have wanted a beardie for a few years now. Well back in March a lady posted on here that she was looking to rehome her baby Noodle who is 2. Well Noodle's story is that they bought her from petsmart as a gift for their daughter. Well her daughter was maybe 10-11 and well over the 2 years just got to busy to take care of her. SO the mom started taking care of her more and more until she got a job and then she didn't have the time to take care of her either. Well I have had Noodle for about a month so I'm going to say she is maybe 2yr and 2-4 months old give or take I'm not sure I just know they said she was 2

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya I've had Zeus for 6 months now, previous owner said he was 13 months when I got him so I'm assuming it's correct. Zeus' old owner had a similar story, it was their child's pet who stopped caring for it so she took on the responsibility and life changes prevented her from continuing.

Lucky for them they have us to give them a 2nd chance :)

rafa2k

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
beachgirl5757":efn0am0x said:
Can you post a close up of him to his colors now? *

As you requested, these pics are from today....

A close up of his head, he looks a little bit paler in the pic than in person

These 2 are just for comparison on how much he's grown in the 2 months that I've had him. He was born on Feb 28, 2013 and I received him on April 11, 2013.

Today..

April 11...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom