Apache, Nexus, and Cider's growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apache started out as this very underfed and aggressive baby. He had been in the store I work at for a little over a month, he was the only "fancy" we had in that time. He gradually got more and more aggressive towards the staff, and they had a lot of difficulty getting him to eat.

I brought him home on July 14th, I started off doing a lot of things wrong thanks to pet store advice (he's my first reptile of any kind), but I learned quickly for his sake, and thanks to this site, and changed his setup. I didn't have a scale or anything back then, so I don't know how much he weighed, but I do have pictures. He was 8 1/4 inches from nose to tail.

I just did my weekly measure and he's 13 1/2 inches, and 105.5 grams of sass. Everyone knows him as the sass dragon, due to his personality. He's very tame, and doesn't mind being handled, but he always seems to be giving you an attitude when you do anything to him.

The first picture is a picture of him on day 2 when I got him, and today. A friend offered to help me build him a new tank and a stand for it if I get supplies, so I'll be fitting that into the budget soon.
93394-1531848540.jpg
93394-3009043974.jpg
93394-4107488347.jpg
93394-2700357964.jpg

Tourmaline

Original Poster
I have some newer pictures of Nexus that came out pretty good. She's growing quickly, she has quite the personality. I've never seen a beardie that's so food driven and alert.
93394-4730512179.jpg
93394-1494057067.jpg

I also adopted this tiny leatherback from a friend who had no idea what they were doing. The person I adopted her from didn't realize how much work they needed and how much they cost to set up, and he was going to let her loose outside so I took her. Let's just say that he's no longer my friend. I may rehome her once she's older, it depends on how I feel about having another massive tank in the house. I was completely happy with three. She's cute though.
93394-1338867005.jpg
93394-3013066631.jpg

Tourmaline

Original Poster
I haven't been keeping up with weighing and measuring my boys. I used to weigh them weekly but work has been hectic and they seem to be growing very well, I didn't feel it was necessary.

Apache just weighed in at 547 grams at 19 1/4 inches. Cider weighed in at 304 grams at 18 1/2 inches. Little Nexus weighed in at 26.5 grams at exactly 9 inches.

I'm really happy with the way Apache matured. I expected him to end up rather small because of how malnourished he was for the first few months of his life but he's a big strong boy now. Cider has always been pretty far behind so I expect him to catch up in the next few months. Nexus is growing crazy fast compared to how slow Cider did, and she was a bit younger than Cider was when I bought him. She's going to be a big girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom