Anyone in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
I'm a bit late to this thread but I'm also in Massachusetts. I live out by Fitchburg/Gardner area and i work in Boston as a paralegal.

I've got 2 beardies - Chloe (female) will be 1 yr in Jan and Orion (male) just turned 1 yr in November. They have both slowed down for the winter - Chloe more than Orion

cplkitty - any luck finding beardies in your area?

The only reptile shows i know of coming up are:

January 25th @ Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY http://reptileexpo.com/nyfirst.htm
March 7th @ Huntington Hilton, Melville, NY http://reptileexpo.com/lifirst.htm
April 11th @ Radisson Hotel, Manchester, NH 03101 http://reptileexpo.com/nefirst.htm
April 19th @ Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY
May 17th @ Thomas E. Curtis Wildlife Center in Weymouth, MA http://www.neherp.com/meetings.shtml
July 12th @ Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY
September 13 @ Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY
August 30th @ Portland ME Herp Society http://www.maineherp.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=139
October 3rd Radisson Hotel, Manchester, NH 03101
November 29th Westchester County Center, White Plains, NY

Thats all i know of right now.

~Allison

cplkitty

Thanks Allison,

I haven't had a lot of luck finding them close by. Looks like I'm going to have to drive or just pay the higher fees at a pet store, unfortunately. I'm still looking. I see older ones, but I think it's best they grow together. Thanks for asking, though!

Alex52686

hey cplkitty, sorry I missed your post the first time reading through. I bought my new baby beardie from a random guy I found on web searching for baby beardies in mass. he was very nice and my beardie is healthy and beautiful. Here is his email [email protected] his name is David. he had 4 babies left last week, I was also talking to guy off craigslist but his babys sounded oddly small for their age 6 months and got me nervous. Bolth were about 45min outside Boston. Dustin the guy advertising on craigslist his email is [email protected] Goodluck finding your new friend.

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
cplkitty - so you are looking for two then? Just FYI (not sure how much research you have done so far) beardies are solitary animals and should not be housed together.

I got my female from beardedwizard (aka Anthony) - he is a member of this board that breeds them in MD. I had her shipped overnight via UPS. So that is another option for you.

cplkitty

Hey Allison,

I actually found the same guy, [email protected], on http://www.kijiji.com! I wasn't able to drive that far until tomorrow and he wasn't sure if he would have any left by the time I was able to make it up. Boy did I get lucky! I just called and he has three left. I'm not sure if I'm going to get one or two tomorrow. Depends on my husband. ;o) For anyone else looking for bearded babies in the Boston area (actually, North Chelmsford), here's the ad he posted on kijiji.com:

Hi,
Selling Bearded Dragon hatchlings. Seven week olds, healthy eaters (around 8" ). Showing lots of orange coloring. Mother is a blood X Red Flame, father is sandfire X Sandfire. Have 3 hatchlings left. They are going for $30 Each. Pics are of the batch of hatchlings a couple of days old. They are older now.

I also have older siblings that are available to best offer. Contact Dave at 978-815-2456 Chelmsford MA or email mailto:[email protected]

Pics by request.

Images

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
cplkitty":eb9b1 said:
Hey Allison,

I actually found the same guy, [email protected], on http://www.kijiji.com! I wasn't able to drive that far until tomorrow and he wasn't sure if he would have any left by the time I was able to make it up. Boy did I get lucky! I just called and he has three left. I'm not sure if I'm going to get one or two tomorrow. Depends on my husband. ;o) For anyone else looking for bearded babies in the Boston area (actually, North Chelmsford), here's the ad he posted on kijiji.com:

Images

Awesome! Congrats :blob8:

Let us know how it goes. Do you have a setup already?

Alex52686

My schedule is all kinds of screwy cause I messed up freshmen year. I should be a junior so we may have or may not have been in classes together. I haven't done a co-op yet because I'm trying to catch up on classes but you're welcome to facebook me and see if you remember me [email protected]

cplkitty

I went up there today and picked up two! They're beautiful. Dave has only one little boy left, in case anyone is interested. Currently, I have them in a 10 with moist paper towels, an undertank heat pad, and a lamp. I've given them some crickets for now. I'm going to do a few greens in a few minutes, when I'm sure that my kids are asleep! I'll give them a fresh salad in the morning. The size of the tank is only temporary. Christmas Eve, I'll set up their real habitat (still with moist paper towels, because they're just little.) Dave had tile on the bottom of his tank. Great idea for easy clean-up! Very nice people.

Alex52686

yeah i love my girl and I'm glad to hear you were happy as well. They were so nice. Enjoy and let us know how the gift goes over. I'm sure they'll be a hit! Congratulations.

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
Thats great - :blob5: :blob8:

can i ask though why you are using moist papertowel?
Do you have a UVB light?

And just so you know undertank heaters are not good for beardies, they can malfunction and burn their little bellies.

:D

cplkitty

I have a temp control on the under tank heater. It's also a small one. I do have a full spectum light, not just UVB. The moist paper towels are because they are too young for substrate. They're more susceptable to blockage by sand at this early stage. The moistness also helps their skin. They have an easier time shedding. Another advantage is that it is cheap and easy to change every other day. I can keep spraying it through the day to keep it moist. By changing it frequenty, I prevent bacteria growth. They also have a hide and a log. If I can ever figure out how to post pics....

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with using paper towels for babies, my only concern would be that they are very susceptible to respiratory infections and keeping them in a damp substrate may cause one which can be deadly to them.

Are you using a MVB or a tube?

The reason i ask is because alot of people have been sold the wrong bulbs and dont realize it until the beardie becomes very ill.

As far as pictures, the easiest way is if you have a photobucket account you can copy and paste the img code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rollerboy
Top Bottom