Anyone from the Buffalo area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Town of tonawanda.. Not far at all! You guys will have to list your beardies names and get them a thread out there with pics

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's easy walk into a good pet store look for reptile sign. Then ask where the beardies are and you walk out a few bucks lighter and a priceless family member. See easy!

I've tried every store in the area except the one you suggested, I haven't had the time to make it out there still. I need to still get a larger terrarium for the dragon, the one I want is 350 dollars. I have a 10 gal, and that will only last so long. I'd rather use it for a gecko or somethings smaller.

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Yeah check them out. They do do a real horrible job of showing what they have online. They sell their crickets for 6 cents each also very cheap.
I shopped around and found a 40 gal breader with everything with it for 60 bucks. I know markhiems has kits, the 40 gal breeder with the lights, logs, feed dishes and substraight. I will check how much they are next time im in their. I asked them why their beardies were more expensive they said thats due to the care and pay the vet that comes in every week to check on them. They have some some healthy fatties their.

Edit: They have a sale going on right now, if you get a starter kit you get the beardie for 50 bucks. I asked them how much the 40 gal breeder kit is. I just seen it on facebook.

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here is what the told me on Facebook.

Markheim Pets
Starter kits are $269.99, they include all heating/lighting equipment as well as bedding, dishes, a hide area, thermometer, calcium dust, and a climbing branch

I finally got myself a baby :) I posted on the introductions, he's such a cutie, but now i have to buy some more "entertainment" for him lol

Just a quick question. Do you know where a good reptile vet is in the area? I had to travel 45 minutes to Amherst last time when I had my frog (RIP Nitis). Its such a long drive for an emergency....i wish there was one closer to the falls area...

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The only real vet I found was in Amherst or Buffalo All creatures animal hospital.

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Once you see others you wont want to go anywhere else. They are really good there. We went to a few so called reptile vet and Im not changing. Some people on here go hours to get to one so we should be thankfull ha ha

Halister

Juvie Member
Original Poster
They got Thug on the track. I wont go anywhere else now, thats just me. But I have to say when your in the room and you hear a pig next door it makes you feel better on the exotic part ha ha

reika059

hey i live in Buffalo! I recently got 2 baby bearded dragons. My bf and i also collect tarantulas.
I also make hammocks and beddings for beardies. Here is my etsy site but if you dont wanna sign up for etsy you can PM me and i can invoice you through paypal if anyone is interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom