anybody have a baby that is not so enthusiastic about food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightmareDisco

Sub-Adult Member
My baby Nachtmahr is almost 8 weeks old. He is 6 inches long and 10ish grams. He has TONS of energy. But he is just NOT an eater. He will eat...a little. But not like a baby should. He is a silkback so I get that he probably won't eat as much as a normal baby, but we're talking like 8 tiny worms, a couple crickets (if I murder them first) and a couple bites of greens. This is just bizarre to me cuz Nemesis ate like a machine when she was a baby. This kid is not interested in chasing food at all. He is perky, always has his eyes open, head is always up. Everything seems normal except his appetite.
Should I worry?

Luthien

Juvie Member
As long as he's active and using the wash room there are no worries.

I have a baby that is 4 months old now and she's not picky on food either. She won't eat greens at all, very seldom even looks at veggies and might eat 4-5 crickets in a day. She's still gaining weight and size, basks regularly, goes to the bath room, runs around.

Perfectly healthy happy baby just doesn't need to eat much.

Since you have to kill the crickets to get your beardie to eat them you might want to consider already dead food, much less hassle and work for you. That's what all my beardies get and it works wonders, crickets are the best for pre-diseased food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom