Am I babying my Beardie too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiva

Hatchling Member
Fortunate":1uck9tho said:
My sister just told me today that im crazy because I talk to Dylan and carry him around the house..... i think she is crazy for not seeing what a wonderful pet he makes! :love5:

My husband thinks I am crazy because I talk to my babies, call them my babies, carry them around and give kisses. Puppy loves to walk around, Kitty loves to cuddle and Birdie well my Birdie is the independent one and would rather just look at me with her beautiful eyes while I talk. I still pick her up but she would rather not. i'm hoping as time goes by she will enjoy being held like my other two.

Ive had many critters in my life and many diff reptiles and Dragons are def. the best! I have asked that my Christmas present be another dragon even tho it will not be shipped until warmer weather. I have place a order for a harness (just one) so I can walk my babies outside when the weather warms up. Hoping to be able to make more based on the one I ordered. If I cant I'll have to get more. :)

my husband tells me I am weird and I agree and if loving dragons makes me weird well than thats ok by me hehe :lol: 8)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The main reason we use leashes on our beardies is because there is less chance of them disappearing completely with one, we even have a fluorescent orange shoe lace tied to the end, better to see them with, which helped when we took them camping two years ago.

Shiva

Hatchling Member
thats why I want the leashes not so much as walk them but rather keep them from running off :) the harness will be too big for them now but I figure by spring it should fit. I have scraps of soft leather so i can trace the pattern and make more

teaneedz

This thread made my family laugh. We needed that as we recently lost our Rocky.

My son kissed Rocky on the top of his head whenever he passed by. My wife kissed Rocky on his beard. I rubbed the side of his little head and stared into his eyes.

Our Rocky did not spend a day without being kissed, loved and caressed.

We never got sick from it. I don't know if there are any dangers but I guess we aren't the only ones loving these little companions.

When we get another, I'm sure that it too will be kissed. Behind those eyes is something that just begs to be loved.

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
I can honestly say without a shadow of doubt that I love my beardie more then anything or anyone in this world. My entire life is arranged around my beardie's schedule. I won't even work first shift just so I can be home with him, even if hes just basking away. Nobody else is allowed to touch him, feed him or anything. Hes grown to trust me a lot. If hes scared he'll burrow under my chin and at night he won't go to bed unless he gets to nap on me first.

Its impossible to properly explain all the tiny nuances that make up our relationship, suffice to say he is as important to me as I am to him. I can't imagine living without him. Hell the other night I got new veggies for him and I dreamt about giving them to him.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ostrommaysi":19kqu6ra said:
I can honestly say without a shadow of doubt that I love my beardie more then anything or anyone in this world. My entire life is arranged around my beardie's schedule. I won't even work first shift just so I can be home with him, even if hes just basking away. Nobody else is allowed to touch him, feed him or anything. Hes grown to trust me a lot. If hes scared he'll burrow under my chin and at night he won't go to bed unless he gets to nap on me first.

Its impossible to properly explain all the tiny nuances that make up our relationship, suffice to say he is as important to me as I am to him. I can't imagine living without him. Hell the other night I got new veggies for him and I dreamt about giving them to him.

She fell right asleep on me after eating a cricket midnight snack. :) She seems to want something to eat before bed. I don't know why, but she does.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I love my Fiz a lot. He's a little guy, around 8 inches. On the 20th, it will be two months since I've had him. Like others said, you can never baby a Beardie too much. As long as they like the attention, feel free to take them out as much as you want.

I love my Fiz so much, that I even made a little bed for him. It's so cute, he loves it so much!

I put Fiz to bed every night by letting him crawl all over my bed until he finds a dark and warm fold in the blanket and he wiggles himself in and goes to sleep. I let him be for an hour or so, then I pick him up and put him in his bed before returning him to his tank. It's so cute, because when I take him out of the blanket to exchange him to his bed, he peeks one eye open and he's sort of limp in my hand like he's half asleep. And as soon as he hits the fuzzy felt of his bed, his eyes close and he's instantly asleep again!

He's really only a little baby, and I'm going to miss the days while he's tiny and cute. But when he's older, we'll be able to do so much more together!

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Allie's played around today. Running, jumping, hiding in a safe play area. I have this large dog house like hole in a box and she jumped in there, jumped right out and ran to me as if "I" pushed her into the box. :) LOL

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
PumpkinJelly":3ppyh1p1 said:
Hahah that's so cute! She was probably like "MOMMY! WHY YOU PUSH ME!? hehe just kidding!"

Didn't even want to go back in when she was cold. She didn't care whether or not she was cold-she wanted to stay out and play. :lol:

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Beardies are just the cutest things.

Three months ago I would've never guessed that a reptile of any kind could have so much personality and make you love them so much, but I was terribly wrong, because I love Fiz!

There are two animals in my life that I baby and absolutely love so much, and they are Fiz and my 11 year old Pomeranian named Bart :D

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Me neither. They really know how to capture our hearts. Who would've thought bearded dragons are so lovable, cute, and funny.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SuzukiRider":1wvnpwwa said:
Aren't they called the dog of the reptile world. My guy is sleeping all the time and I miss him.

I suppose so, she follows me everywhere with her eyes and if she doesn't see me, she leaps off and follows me. Now I have to keep her in a play pen and I sit there and she plays with me, climbs all over me, and then jumps all over the place. :0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom