Allie is not doing so well and Idk what to do *NEW PICS!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
yeah, i was giving her the probiotics on her roaches so she would eat it, we tried to feed it to her straight before but she wouldnt take it.
she didnt drink any betadine water, we keep her on our hand while she soaks so just her lower body is in the water. last night when we put her to bed, she was fine... now today seems like she has taken a turn for the worst. i gave her a clean water soak and tried to get her to drink this morning, but all she did was lay limp in the bath water.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just tried to get her to eat her dubia again (she hasn't eaten at all today) and she wouldn't have any of it...just laid there. Oh, and she's not moving around her tank anymore. I tried putting her down on the floor of her tank to see if she would go back up to her basking spot...nope....just laid there. :cry:

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Here are some pics I -just- took of her.
You can tell it's like she's "looking" around, but keeping her eyes closed.
100_2239.jpg

100_2240.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2242.jpg

See! She only opens them about half way for a sec. (I was lucky to catch her doing it)
100_2243.jpg

These ones are after I picked her back up and put her in her basking spot. (No, this is not the normal set up. I had to wash her bridge 'cause she pooped on it. It's still drying.)
100_2244.jpg

100_2245.jpg

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Have you tried a gently saline wash on her eyes?

Just use a Q-tip, dip it in saline (phamacy section of the grocery store or a store like Walgreens/ RiteAid etc.) and gently rub in one direction from the side closest to the nose and outward.

It is unlikely that she got something in both eyes at the same time, but at least it is something you can do. I would try it.

Not being able to see her environment will surely stress her out...can you hold her in her blanket and let her rest on you a few times during the day? Or is that something that should be avoided in case it is fungus? Only Tracie will know the answer to that one....

Just thought she might feel calm, being held with a blanket over her head since they like to close their eyes when covered anyway, if that makes sense.

~Sherri

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
i went to check on her just now, she was laying limp on her log, so i took her outside to get some sun and fresh air, she was sitting on my leg, chill, head up, "looking around" with her eyes closed, then all of a sudden she hear/saw something that scared the hell out of her, she turned real dark, got up, darted across my chest and tried to bury herself under my arm, now she looks all deflated and is laying limp on her basking log...... we will update this thread through the day. but im worried.

AchiKat

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's light in color now, guess she calmed down. She's just laying on her log with her head up. Sorry for the tons of posts, but we're trying to get this as updated as possible. I don't want to just make an "OMG post" and then just leave you guys in the dark.

Idk if I'm going to be able to do a good job at work today....I'm super depressed/worried and it's making my mind wander.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
she ate! at least 40 small dubia.... it was incredible and really brightened up my day, i cought her with her eye open, so i put her down and droped a tray of dubia in there, and she went to town. it was awesome.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
scubasteve25":k0k7uze4 said:
she ate! at least 40 small dubia.... it was incredible and really brightened up my day, i cought her with her eye open, so i put her down and droped a tray of dubia in there, and she went to town. it was awesome.

:blob5: :blob5: :blob5: :headbang: You GO GIRL!! Great news! Please keep posting on her progress!

Did you ever notice her getting her face too close to the basking light? Or even the UVB light? I wonder if she sort of burned them a bit? Or, can you remember her being around anything that was sprayed, like glass cleaner or anything? I am sure you have thought of everything........lol. Just being thorough :D

That is a lot of dubia! She must be feeling better :blob5:

~Sherri

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hey, that is awesome she finally ate! I think that she was adjusting & dealing with stress in her own way. When they go through something new & or don't like it, they usually react in the same manner as she did almost like they give up.
How do her eyes look now?
That is good she didn't drink any betadine bath water then, I was hoping not. Though, with it diluted it should not have been enough to have made her ill like that so quickly.

If you are going to use a towel, I would use a clean one each time in case any fungus gets on the towel each time.

Keep us posted on her.
Tracie

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
quick update, she seems to have perked up a lot, her eyes are open more, she just ate another 20ish dubia, i gave her a nice long soak, and she ran around in the sink like she used too before she got ill. im cautiously optimistic right now. but she seems a little better than when we woke up.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Just an idea - I hope Tracie can answer this..... would the grapefruit seed extract and echinacea be beneficial to Allie right now? With her being so little I was thinking that might help to stop the fungus from affecting her internally as well????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom