Advice?

TrashPanda

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oryx
Hi! I got a baby beardie last Monday. He/she is about a month & a half old so super small but managed to sort out his enclosure few days prior with heat and lighting and also to check the temps. He currently has a compact UVB (from Exo Terra) but I’ve ordered the Arcadia linear one from the U.S and waiting for that to come (I live in the UAE) He’s had 9 dubias in total since Monday (hand fed) & has pooped plenty. He’s been basking & is quite active. I know that it can take time for a beardie to settle in a new home and every beardie is different, but was curious if anyone else has had a baby that has taken a while to eat by themselves? & around how long did they take to settle?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! I got a baby beardie last Monday. He/she is about a month & a half old so super small but managed to sort out his enclosure few days prior with heat and lighting and also to check the temps. He currently has a compact UVB (from Exo Terra) but I’ve ordered the Arcadia linear one from the U.S and waiting for that to come (I live in the UAE) He’s had 9 dubias in total since Monday (hand fed) & has pooped plenty. He’s been basking & is quite active. I know that it can take time for a beardie to settle in a new home and every beardie is different, but was curious if anyone else has had a baby that has taken a while to eat by themselves? & around how long did they take to settle?
Depends on the dragon --- your UVB plays a huge role in the adjusting and acclimating to the tank and that is going to effect appetite- keep feeding him offering water and if you can you can put him in a plastic tote and take him outside for good UVB till the UVB comes that would be great --- 15-30 minutes would be good - dont leave him you must supervise him - I dont know how hot it is there but you dont want him to over heat and a/ or a predator to get him - when you get the UVB please let me know I will help you get it set up for your tank - the placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank -- did you get the 12% bulb for the Arcadia?

TrashPanda

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Oryx
Depends on the dragon --- your UVB plays a huge role in the adjusting and acclimating to the tank and that is going to effect appetite- keep feeding him offering water and if you can you can put him in a plastic tote and take him outside for good UVB till the UVB comes that would be great --- 15-30 minutes would be good - dont leave him you must supervise him - I dont know how hot it is there but you dont want him to over heat and a/ or a predator to get him - when you get the UVB please let me know I will help you get it set up for your tank - the placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank -- did you get the 12% bulb for the Arcadia?
Thank you for your reply! It’s currently 104 here during the day, but can get up to 109 if not more. We haven’t hit peak summer as of yet where it gets up to 116 - 118.

I’ve ordered the 12% Arcadia UVB, hoping it will come in soon but have reached out to the reptile community here & someone has come forward with an Arcadia 12% T5 that I’ll be borrowing until mine is delivered. I’ll be getting that tomorrow. However, it is 46” whereas the enclosure is 36 x 18 x 18 (we will be upgrading in the near future providing everything goes well). The enclosure I have is from Reptizoo & it has a screen top, so not sure about how to go about placing the light? Any help would be great ☺️ Thank you again!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you for your reply! It’s currently 104 here during the day, but can get up to 109 if not more. We haven’t hit peak summer as of yet where it gets up to 116 - 118.

I’ve ordered the 12% Arcadia UVB, hoping it will come in soon but have reached out to the reptile community here & someone has come forward with an Arcadia 12% T5 that I’ll be borrowing until mine is delivered. I’ll be getting that tomorrow. However, it is 46” whereas the enclosure is 36 x 18 x 18 (we will be upgrading in the near future providing everything goes well). The enclosure I have is from Reptizoo & it has a screen top, so not sure about how to go about placing the light? Any help would be great ☺️ Thank you again!
Take the one your borrowing and place it unobstructed across the top- it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom