Adopted Beardy Circling and Off Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyryce

Hatchling Member
Hello Neighbour,
Welcome to bearded dragon.org! I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your bearded dragon but you will get great help from this site as I have with my bearded dragon.

I am from Saskatchewan and just wanted to let you know that you can order a variety of feeders from bugorder.com and it is right in Alberta. They have butterworms, crickets, hornworms (I think), pheonix and superworms. They mail through Canada post if that helps out at all....From where I am from it is sometimes hard to get what I want for beardie food. They will delay shipment if the weather is too cold or blizzarding etc but give you an email notice if this happens. I haven't had any problems with them so far. As far as getting a Reptisun 10 I couldn't find them in Canada and had to order it through the Petsmart warehouse in the states and it took about 2weeks to get to me but it was just before Christmas though...might be faster now. I can't remember what your tank size is but if you have a 40 gallon minimum you can also use a mercury vapor bulb. There is a contact from Westron Canada that you can order it from and it cost me about 62.00 for the mega-ray MVB and that included shipping. The contact is Jordan [email protected]. and he was really good to deal with. With the MVB you have a heat and really good UVB source ...I use a 100Watt self ballested and the reptile must be at least 12 " from it for it to be safe for the animal. I hope some of this information has helped out. If I think of anything else I will post to you on your thread. Keep us posted on Steve!

Danielle

Erica582

Hatchling Member
Hello Tom,
I just read your story, very sad but he's in good hands and Im happy you are going to take such great care of him.
I was just wondering where you live? I am in Calgary, both Petland and Petsmart have the bulb you are looking for.
Good Luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How are things going today?

Thanks Danielle, for your insight & information for our fellow Canadians up there. :D

Tracie

tom229

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

Sorry I'm late replying. We have just been through a move and this has a been a bit of slow process, but I have good news. Me and my girlfriend both notice that Steve seems to be doing much, much better.

I started right away feeding him phoenix worms (dusted well), a variety of vegetables (sprayed with calcium, and mixing in supers, king meals, and even a few butter worms. I never did receive the repti-sun bulb from the online company I ordered from but regardless things have turned around. About a week ago I noticed he had made the first decent size bowel movement he ever has in the month or so I've had him. Prior to this they were very small and almost mistakable for small peices of bark. Since this bowel movement he has been making them regularily every couple of days. He has been more active, only sleeping at night, walking straight, and has a great appetite. He loves sitting in his basking bulb and generally moves around alot more in a more co-ordinated fashion.

While the circle running is almost entirely absent he still gets a bit of a head twitch and can go off balance relatively easy. However, for the most part he is able to run in a straight line and just seems more aware of his surroundings and happy.

I attribute his recent health success primarily to the change in diet and bathing. In the bath I am able to observe him drink good amounts of water, and I've noticed after he feeds on large amounts of vegetables his health improves drastically. Ultimately I'm think this was a pretty bad case of malnourishment. The guy I adopted him from flat out admitted he had only ever given him crickets (when he was small for a very brief period) and super worms for 3 years!

Anyways... thank you all so much for your help. Honestly, thanks so much. I'm sure Steve would thank you all as well if he could!

Tom

chancellor91

Juvie Member
yes i agree, but to make my beardie poo, i have to fill the water till she can barely touch the bottom, so she swims, and stuggles, and forces a nice lil poo out :puke: and i persoanly love pedi-lite for water stuff it works great my beardie loves flavorless pedi-lite and you should try it, its great for getting electrolite back into him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom