Addiction! Can't get enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
protiemama":5892e said:
So maybe I'm not addicted. Yeah, that's it. I'm not really an addict, I can give up dragons and BD.org anytime I want too. No- really I can, honest. :laughhard: :laughhard: Right- as if.
HA! You - not an addict?! HA HA HA! Good one! That's the funniest thing I'd ever heard! :laughhard:
If you're not an addict, then I'm not one either. Yup, that's right, I don't need the 12-step program or the support group. My saving grace is acquiring something else to fill up the empty tank, like a baby turtle. Oh yeah, being dirt poor helps alot too :laughing6:

Hi. My name is Heather. I am a beardie addict. This is my first meeting today. I have been incredibly busy playing with, holding, smiling at, talking to, and paying attention to my newest additions.
I dont feel my addiction is out of control, as my husband Bryan helps it along. Today, Barbara and Frank (my new babies) walked along the floor... played in a tub of water... ate some mini mealies and warmed my heart.
My refrigerator isnt as bad as SOME PEOPLE (not mentioning any names.... cough... cought... frank and barb), as I still have room for human food. My dinners do not yet consist of dinner salad made from left over dragon veggies.
I enjoy my addiction.... I thank Barbara and Frank (the people), and Blame Angeline(Frank and Barbara understand this).... As long as I can blame someone else for my addiction.. Im fine... right??????

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Weluvourreptiles":188f8 said:
atreyu917":188f8 said:
Yep, I'm addicted.

Dave has been the center or my life for almost 2 years (in Oct) now. He is pretty much the love of my life, but now he has to share with Yoshi. So now I have 2 BD's, and on Wednesday I'll be adding another snake in addiction to the 2 I already have. I love my reptiles, each and every one has an insanely different personality.

If I could make a career out of breeding and taking care of dragons, I would in a heartbeat. But being 21 and in college, funds are too short to try and take on an operation such as that! It's soooooo tempting though!

I'm lucky (or could it be a bad thing? haha) but my boyfriend is supportive and loves my dragons. We want to some day breed our dragons and our snakes as a hobby.

This could be bad....I'll probably have 400 when all is said and done. haha

Kelsey

I am just like you Kelsey, I am addicted to reptiles in general, if you look at my signature you can see all of my babies.... what kind of snakes do you have? It's nice to know that there are so many others like me. You start with one baby, whether it is a bd or a snake or whatever, and it is just not enough.... YOU NEED MORE!! I love my human family, but my reptile children complete me :wink:

I saw your list! I want a monitor (probably Savannah) or Tegu so bad. And when I move and have the room, oh I will have one! Just can't decide which one I want!!! At this very moment I have a 3 year old Ball Python and a 2 and 1/2 year old Columbian Red Tail Boa. I love both of those girls so much. As of tomorrow though, I will have a 5 year old male Savu Python. I am adopting him, so I can't wait to see him and take him home! From what I hear, these snakes are relitively hard to come by and I've never seen or heard of one before!

And I agree about feeling completed. I've always been an animal person...always been obsessed with dogs, cats, and horses. But there are something about these reptiles... Like, sometimes taking care of my 3 dogs and 2 cats gets exhausting, but I enjoy doing maintainance and feeding my reptiles. haha maybe I'm crazy? Or correction, we are all crazy.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
gregorydragon":383e9 said:
My wife showed some pictures of our little Mango to some friends at work and they either said "now what is that again?" or "he's CUTE. I want one too." Maybe I can introduce some friends to the wonderful world of BD-slavery. Que Fabuloso!

I've already managed to convert 2 friends to the "dark side" muhahaha :roll:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
My new mission in life is to have all of the customers at my local PetSmart converted to be beardie lovers.

The last two weeks I'd been bringing Pookie along with me to PetSmart and he was a total hit with the customers - and a few employees. Most of the people who came over to see him were females, kids included. And the best part was that he never once flared, black bearded, or hissed (though I don't think he knows how - yet). He did, however, ran & hid underneath my chin once, but that just made him that much cuter to the lady I was talking to.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
gregorydragon":71125 said:
I noticed that I am a newbie (of course) and you are gray-bearded. Is that according to your time as a member or how often you post or what?
Gregorydragon take a look at my date joined I'm addicted! :laughing6: :laughing6:
:help: Can't............Get.............Enough! :laughhard:

Gina do you carry little business cards with BD.org web address on them to hand out when you go out with Pookie? :)

maxattack

Juvie Member
fresnowitte":724b2 said:
gregorydragon":724b2 said:
I noticed that I am a newbie (of course) and you are gray-bearded. Is that according to your time as a member or how often you post or what?
Gregorydragon take a look at my date joined I'm addicted! :laughing6: :laughing6:
:help: Can't............Get.............Enough! :laughhard:

Gina do you carry little business cards with BD.org web address on them to hand out when you go out with Pookie? :)

Oh Fresnowitte, I think you may be beyond help! You only have a few weeks on me for join date, but you are definatly smokin' me on posts! :shock:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
maxattack":f9017 said:
Oh Fresnowitte, I think you may be beyond help! You only have a few weeks on me for join date, but you are definatly smokin' me on posts! :shock:
I told you I need help! :help: :laughing6:
The first thing I do in the morning even before starting a pot of coffee or making the first trip to the bathroom is log on the BD.org. I don't even put on my glasses first. :shock:
I definately need help! :help:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Then it must be according to how often you post because you two are only a few weeks different and maxattack is only a juvie. If I keep this up, I'll be gray-bearded in no time. :mrgreen:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I'm sorry Barbara, but I think you are beyond help. We must give you up as a perminent addict and even a "pusher". You are hopeless. :laughhard: That's why we all luv ya! :D

Sandy H

Weluvourreptiles

Hatchling Member
protiemama":ff5bd said:
I'm sorry Barbara, but I think you are beyond help. We must give you up as a perminent addict and even a "pusher". You are hopeless. :laughhard: That's why we all luv ya! :D

Sandy H

PUSHER!!! :laughhard: :laughhard: I imagined someone standing on a street corner with a dragon on each shoulder trying to get people to log on to bd.org by whispering, come on, it'll make you feel good!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay Sandy & Danielle you 2 just made me choke on my glass of tea it is now
all over my computer screen.:laughhard:

I had to run for beardie veggies so I just walked in the door.
Here's what a BD.org addict does they run straight to the computer to see what
has been posted before putting away the beardie veggies.
Or cleaning up the tea! :lol:
Thank goodness I had just walked in when I read both of your post because
I hadn't pulled the keyboard tray out yet.
My husband would have killed me if I would have ruined another keyboard. :laughing6:

gregorydragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Weluvourreptiles":8d909 said:
protiemama":8d909 said:

Sandy H

PUSHER!!! :laughhard: :laughhard: I imagined someone standing on a street corner with a dragon on each shoulder trying to get people to log on to bd.org by whispering, come on, it'll make you feel good!

OMG!!! HAHAHA!!! :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: How many of these things can I fit on here!? :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
I just busted out laughing at work. People walking by are staring at me and trying to see my computer screen.
"psst...hey...I got what you need. and I can sell you some roaches that'll make you more attractive just by owning them."
LOL!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:
Psst.....I give a great deal on roaches too! Always trying to convience people that
roaches are better than crickets.
I've even given them to people that have gotten beardies from me just trying to get them hooked.

Bad, bad, Barbara! My friends have always been right I am a bad influence! :laughhard: :laughhard:

I can only imagine the looks on your co-workers faces as you busted up laughing. Because I know how hard I laughed. (Still Laughing)
I have to wonder what my beardies are all thinking being that it's only them and me at home.
I bet they think I'm insane. They must be thinking, "Our slave is loosing it!" :laughing6:

Weluvourreptiles

Hatchling Member
OMG I can only imagine how you felt gregorydragon I am a receptionist, so people are constantly walking by me, it's bad enough that I have a headset so people think that I am talking to myself, but when I bust out laughing and I'm not on the phone, the looks I get are priceless! Pssst... hey I got what you need!! OMG I couldn't hold it in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom