Acting weird to reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zax412

I just got a beardie two days ago, he eats a little of both crickets and his favorite butternut squash, he's just starting to shed along his head. I have done a lot of research already so I know he is still adjusting, his temps are fine on both sides, he likes to lay on the floor of the warm side, he occasionally sees his reflection, puts his face to the glass then pace back and forth with the occasional licking his reflection. He is just a baby I'd say he is two month since he is only 7". Should I be worried about him laying on the warm side floor a lot, and does anyone know what's up with his reflection behavior?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thats common, especially with younger dragons. He is probably curious about it. you could put paper up on the sides of the tank to help cut down on reflection. That's especially a good idea if he starts to really bash into the glass and risks hurting himself. Otherwise if he's OK with handling just let him out for a bit to roam around and explore a safe area of the house when it looks like he's after his reflection or wants out.

Zax412

Original Poster
Alrighty thank you, I knew they can wave or head bob their reflection I just wanted to make just pacing back and forth (occasionally licking it) was normal

Zax412

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2pin86wg said:
Thats common, especially with younger dragons. He is probably curious about it. you could put paper up on the sides of the tank to help cut down on reflection. That's especially a good idea if he starts to really bash into the glass and risks hurting himself. Otherwise if he's OK with handling just let him out for a bit to roam around and explore a safe area of the house when it looks like he's after his reflection or wants out.
So he's started to glass surf ant his reflection but as he ages he'll figure out it's him he sees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom