Accurite digital thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I totally agree, there are NO stupid questions. You certainly can use a standard household light bulb, no need to spend extra $ on a reptile basking bulb. Depending on the temps, you could try a 75 watt or even a 60 watt bulb, be sure to wait about 45 min for the temps to stop rising before getting the final temps. When the basking spot was 120, what was the cool side temp and what wattage bulb, if any, are you using on the cool side now?

Eddie789

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Helios, Hera
Thanks i appreciate it! 75w bulb. zoo med basking bulb. It was at 79-80 cool side. 120-125. The house is a at a constant 70-75 because of cold temps outside! I was also thinking that i could put something like a rock that's down low. I was saying that because i am using the same hide as the basking rock! I touched it and it felt pretty dang hot! Oh also were should the hide go? Cool side or hot side?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you using a low wattage bulb on the cool side now, if so what wattage? I noticed your tank looked dark on that side so once we know if you are and what the wattage is, we can make suggestions for helping to adjust the temps.

The hide you're using for the basking spot looks great so I would try to continue to use that. Something else to keep in mind is that the UVB (Repti-Sun 10.0 tube) needs to be 6 to 8" from your beardie while in the basking spot, that way he/she can get the benefit from both bulbs at the same time. Do you have the Repti-Sun 10.0 tube now? If your setup is still the same as in the picture, you'll either need to mount the UVB inside the tank or get a log or build up the basking spot so that your beardie will be the right distance away. Once you figure out the distance of the UVB, then you would go to the next step of figuring out temps and wattages of bulbs.

For the hide, I have always put them on the cool side but is fine to put kinda toward the middle.

Eddie789

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Helios, Hera
Yeah i am only using the 75w basking bulb right now. I am getting the reptisun here in about a week or so. I start working tomorrow so i imagine in about a week or so i will have one. As for the hide i think i am going to put that in the cool side and get a rock or a long as the basking object. I did notice that i put the probe down at the very bottom of the hide and it was at a constant 100 or so degres. I image the bulb is too close to the probe so i will have to find something at the right distance. If i was to raise the bulb a bit how could i do that? Do they sell clamps seperate or would have to buy a complete clamp lamp fixture? Thanks.

Eddie789

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Helios, Hera
Yeah i am only using the 75w basking bulb right now. I am getting the reptisun here in about a week or so. I start working tomorrow so i imagine in about a week or so i will have one. As for the hide i think i am going to put that in the cool side and get a rock or a long as the basking object. I did notice that i put the probe down at the very bottom of the hide and it was at a constant 100 or so degrees. I image the bulb is too close to the probe so i will have to find something at the right distance. If i was to raise the bulb a bit how could i do that? Do they sell clamps separate or would have to buy a complete clamp lamp fixture? Thanks.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could actually get a clamp lamp like this: http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-light-fixtures/11442-504915/zoo-med-deluxe-porcelain-clamp-lamp.html My recommendation would be to decide how you're going to put the strip fluorescent hood at the right distance first, then decide on what you're going to use for a basking spot so that it will be at the right distance. When that is all figured out, then you would need to use a lower wattage heat bulb since the bulb will be closer to the basking spot than it is now. You may only need a 60 watt household light bulb which would lower the cool side temp, so then you could get another clamp lamp and use a lower wattage household bulb on the cool side, like a 25 or 40 watt depending on what your temps are. I know this whole temp process is frustrating, but once it's all set up, you won't have to do any major adjustments again.

Eddie789

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Helios, Hera
Well thanks. Everything is still the same. I am going to go with the clamp lamp thing and see if that works. I also still need to buy the reptisun bulb. I just started working this week so i imagine not to long from now i will have my first beardie!

BKRsBeardie

Hatchling Member
Cool! Did you get a link to the site that sells the bulbs CHEAP? It may be here in your thread if not, let me know and I'll find it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom