A photobiography of my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you all love pics so I'm gonna post some in here as my little beardie grows up. Sometimes I get a bit lax with things like this so please remind me if I go too long without posting anything...

First off I want to give some shout outs. Janie (zebraflavencs), thanks for all your help and incredible patience! Ian (Ihaggerty1313), thanks for all help with the roaches man; They look really good! dawnki and hammerhead, thanks for all your help with the silkies (I'll get to updating that thread soon)! Aimee (dna14) thanks for calming me down today when I was nervous about leaving the little guy in my brothers care. And to anyone and everyone else who has asked or answered a question on this forum, Thank You! I gained sooo much knowledge here and it culminated in having the best possible conditions for this little beardie.

Some may wonder what it's name is. Well, I won't name it till I know if it's a male or a female. I have two names in mind, but they will remain confidential until I determine the gender.

On to the first couple pics. This is the little guy/gals first bath! It definitely didn't like it. Drank a little, but mostly just scurried around looking for a way out.

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

It didn't much like the towel either. He/she kept trying to get out and explore more. This is the only time it sat still long enough to snap a pic.

DSC01495.jpg

This ones a hyper little stinker! Always moving and exploring. It will settle in my hand for a period of time, but really likes to move around an explore. No relocation stress as of yet. It ate about 15 mini mealworms (not regular mealies, don't worry :) ) and some Mustard Greens today. Unfortunately I was not home at the time so I couldn't get any pics of that. It also left me a stinky surprise to clean when I got home from work. I spared you the pleasure of seeing that :lol:

Aaron

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Aaron, he'll be fine, we're all so proud that you have a baby beardie that eats SALAD!!! Yes feed him like the champ he is tomorrow!

*hugs*
Aimee

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He actually seems to really enjoy his morning salad. He does like to pick all the squash out first; then he goes back for the various other greens later.

Aaron

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just a quick size update. Current size = 25.4 cm (10 in), 38 grams.

He's put on over an inch in length a 11 grams is 11 days. Certainly a growing boy...

Aaron

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Size update:

56 grams 27.3 cm

Random pics:

DSC01580.jpg

DSC01579.jpg

I'd like to get some more pics, but I have just had to work so much lately there just hasn't been much time. Plus, I can't take him outside and get pics because temps are now consistently in the low 50's...

Aaron

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Aaron, I totally understand, work has been crazy, home has been crazy, I have been slacking on pics entirely! Ryuuku looks so fat and happy... ok I'd better go post my pics now!
a

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, he still hates baths, but has taken a little more liking to the burrito...

DSC01581.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

Hes graduated to medium sized Turks now and is downing around 100 or so of those a day (my dubia colony still hasn't established...). Hasn't been eating quite as many greens lately; still picks all the squash out. I've been afraid to take him out as we just got 2 kittens that play with EVERYTHING and I'm afraid of what might happen if they got a hold of him. For now he will remain in my room with the door closed when outside of his viv.

Aaron

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Man haven't made a post in a while. No pics for the time being, gotta find the camera... (yes yes I'm sorry. gotta make time for a photo shoot)

Ryuuku is getting bigger every day. His measurements this morning had him at 115 grams and 34.9 cm. He is now downing large Turks without any problems. Unfortunately the Dubias still haven't had any babies (anyone know what the gestation time is on them?), but for now the Turks are keeping him satisfied.

Aaron

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Norbyrocks94: His name is Ryuuku if you haven't noticed by now :). Aimee: I was going to get some pics today but when I turned on the camera it said "low batt" and turned off. And do you think I could find two AA batteries anywhere in the house? I had already run all around earlier looking for potential bonsai stock and just didn't feel like going back out.

Ryuuku has a new bath technique. As I have mentioned many times he hates baths so now he saves up his poo until it's time for a bath; then proceeds to contaminate the water :puke: .

Oh and I also wanted to mention that today I found some wee baby Dubias running around the bin :blob5: :blob8: ! It took about 7 weeks from large nymphs to producing babies. I think it might have happened earlier but the temps got pretty low here for a couple weeks and the temp in the bin fell a few degrees. In any case with them and the 4k Turks I got I should be good for food for a while, or forever, I hope.

Aaron

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Just a couple pics to show how much he's grown.

DSC01586.jpg

DSC01587.jpg

And one shot of the majority of the tank for some perspective:

DSC01589.jpg

He's shedding, again, so his color is absent.

A quick question. At what size or age would he be considered an adult? I.E. when will this shedding slow down and when should I start dosing the calcium and vitamins like he's and adult?

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom