A photobiography of my beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know how you all love pics so I'm gonna post some in here as my little beardie grows up. Sometimes I get a bit lax with things like this so please remind me if I go too long without posting anything...

First off I want to give some shout outs. Janie (zebraflavencs), thanks for all your help and incredible patience! Ian (Ihaggerty1313), thanks for all help with the roaches man; They look really good! dawnki and hammerhead, thanks for all your help with the silkies (I'll get to updating that thread soon)! Aimee (dna14) thanks for calming me down today when I was nervous about leaving the little guy in my brothers care. And to anyone and everyone else who has asked or answered a question on this forum, Thank You! I gained sooo much knowledge here and it culminated in having the best possible conditions for this little beardie.

Some may wonder what it's name is. Well, I won't name it till I know if it's a male or a female. I have two names in mind, but they will remain confidential until I determine the gender.

On to the first couple pics. This is the little guy/gals first bath! It definitely didn't like it. Drank a little, but mostly just scurried around looking for a way out.

DSC01492.jpg

DSC01493.jpg

It didn't much like the towel either. He/she kept trying to get out and explore more. This is the only time it sat still long enough to snap a pic.

DSC01495.jpg

This ones a hyper little stinker! Always moving and exploring. It will settle in my hand for a period of time, but really likes to move around an explore. No relocation stress as of yet. It ate about 15 mini mealworms (not regular mealies, don't worry :) ) and some Mustard Greens today. Unfortunately I was not home at the time so I couldn't get any pics of that. It also left me a stinky surprise to clean when I got home from work. I spared you the pleasure of seeing that :lol:

Aaron

Angiecountrygirl

Juvie Member
Aaron, Congratulations.
He / She is a little cutie. My husband (Aaron, lol) and myself got our first Beardie yesterday... We think it's a HE- still not sure but I named him Gandolf. I like your idea, so I think I'm gonna copy your idea, Lol. My little guy looks alot like yours (they must be the same age (?)... Well, keep us posted and I'll check in.
Best of Luck to you and your little babe!
Angie :lol:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Aaron, thanks so much for the pics and keep 'em coming we never get tired of them! Sometimes they like to cuddle right away and sometimes they like a little runaround, he looks very active! I'm glad he's oops I mean it's eating well and you will have plenty of time for pics. I wish I could hear the 2 names but I will be patient! Did you check out the sexing article link I sent you? I've only had 2 but we KNEW early that Hermes was a boy but with Twitch we kept waiting for them to appear... anyone checking in know at what size you can be sure? Since I've only had the 2?

*hugs*

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes Aimee I did check out that link. Unfortunately 1. It won't stay still long enough for me to get a good look and 2. I think it may still be a little too small. I do feel a little weird calling him/her "it" (or him/her, he/she or guy/gal for that matter), but I don't want to reveal the names just yet. Especially if I get another one at some point of the opposite sex. I want to be able to use the other name without anyone else using it :twisted: . Yeah, yeah it's selfish of me...

Aaron

gini

Sub-Adult Member
'It's' really cute. Looks like our Alex. My daughter named her new beardie that, guess it could be either a boy/girl name when we figure that out. Ours is still to small to tell also. Great idea on the photobiography! I think I am going to do the same thing in a blog. Hope you don't mind me copying you...

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Heisei":81686 said:
Yes Aimee I did check out that link. Unfortunately 1. It won't stay still long enough for me to get a good look and 2. I think it may still be a little too small. I do feel a little weird calling him/her "it" (or him/her, he/she or guy/gal for that matter), but I don't want to reveal the names just yet. Especially if I get another one at some point of the opposite sex. I want to be able to use the other name without anyone else using it :twisted: . Yeah, yeah it's selfish of me...

Aaron

Yes I understand but I'm still stamping my feet :mrgreen:

Don't feel weird, your little one will love you no matter what, we called Twitch 'he' for 4 months and she still loves us. If I was a beardie I would rather be called 'it' for 4 months than 'he' if I was a girl :wink:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Ahhhh thanks for that shout out, Aaron... Now onto business...
POOOOPPPPERRRRR ! lol the mysterious one ( baby) is indeed most cute, and active, if the m.o. is dashing dashing all over the place... Love the photos !

Janie

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Man this little one is a brat! I brought it outside today for the first time for some natural sunlight and for a chance to take some pics. Well, I guess it wanted no piece of that cuz it started running all over my hand and arm, then lunged off my arm onto the deck (a 3 ft drop)! I was nervous it may have hurt itself, but it seems to be fine. Anyway, I didn't get any pics. It's currently basking under the MVB. I'll try again later; Hopefully it cooperates!!

Aaron

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
I'm glad it's ok! My little one thinks he's super-beardie too and loves to jump; it makes me nervous to take him outside and he's so wiggly I haven't tried to leash him yet. We'll all be watching for those pics!

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Meal time!

Mini mealworm salad anyone?

DSC01497.jpg

Took it a while to realize the worms could not be eaten through the side of the dish.

DSC01499.jpg

Leg straightened out ready to strike!

DSC01500.jpg

Going in for the kill!

DSC01498.jpg

The little one seems none the worse for wear after the fall. Still just as hyper as ever :) , still eating like a pig!

Aaron

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Aaron, so cute!!! Ur pics are awesome... keem 'em coming!

my guess is... female... but we'll see!

*hugs n beardie cuddles*
Aimee

Heisei

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Extreme makeover viv edition! Ok, I didn't change that much. I added tile cuz this one poops a lot and I realized quickly that tile was the way to go. 48 tiles rinsed and thoroughly disinfected with a 91% solution of isopropyl alcohol. Took a while and I got a little light headed from all the fumes. Amazing what we will do for these guys!

DSC01502.jpg

And here's the little brat looking smug:

DSC01503.jpg

Aaron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom