A miracle has happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I've had Houdini since the age of 3 months, purchasing him July 2011. He's now close to 20 inches I would guess of average weight.

I moved to a new place on July 7th and a day or so later he was exploring his new home when my puppy, Bella, a Long Haired Chihuahua got curious and wanted to play. Houdini wasn't interested in playing so he did his own thing and continued to explore. After a short while, I decided to go look for him as I know he gets cold and goes to sleep. As it turns out I looked all over and couldn't find him anywhere. It was close to bedtime and I had to work the next day so I went to bed knowing he'd be ok and safe whereever he is. The next day I continued my search and still no sign of him but I wasn't too worried as I know there was no way he could have gotten outside.

Weeks went by and still no sign so I started to doubt myself and maybe I did leave the door open at the time and he got outside. I had moved everything around in the rooms as I was still unpacking, hoping he was between the boxes or under a blanket or some place. This whole time I must have been in denial as I knew he had to be somewhere...but where? I put out his favorite foods including superworms but I came home to find worms all over the house as Bella decided to play and kill every one of them.

Yesterday, August 12th, around a month or so after losing Houdini, as I was unpacking, I lifted the lid to where my printer was and there he was, looking up at me. I was shocked to see him then estatic. He must have went into a brumation state as it appeared that I had woken him. He looked great for going so long without food or water. He didn't even appear to have lost weight. I immdiately checked him over and put him in a nice bath as he was so cold. I'm so happy to have my baby boy back.

I wanted to share this story so others will know how resilient beardies can be if they get lost for a period of time. He went without food, water, high heat for over a month with no signs of stress other than a bit of discolouring to his tail.

SuzukiRider

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone, I'm happy he's healthy and doing well. He's not eating much as he's going through a pretty large shed. That's why his tail was discoloured when I found him.

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Just like morphmom said, you could not have given that dragon a better name!!!

So very glad you found him :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom