A baby and his beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Hello been a busy time with this little guy lately. Hes a whole 9 lbs underweight :( He eats like a pig usually but not he will only take a bite here or there so they think its a medical issue. I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers he has a Dr. appt on tuesday. *crosses fingers hes gained some weight*

I know its not a beardie it was the closest i could find for him. His pet lizard.
P2220172.jpg

He got mad cause i touched his lizard :(
P2210150.jpg

He tried to hide Chimaira in the sand at the park so the birds didnt eat him.
P2220182.jpg

He keeps letting the beardies loose on me... So everyone is on beardie/baby watch around the vivs.

Hopefully after his nap hes going to help me with beardie baths woot! I better go get some towels and a mop for that lol

Deemac6

Juvie Member
!!!!! I HAVE THAT BEANIE BABY!!! lol sorry just triggered my memories lol. Such a cute boy, so happy to see kids these days growing up to respect and care for other living creatures. I hope the day I have a kid hes just as cute and caring!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Well Crap! How did I miss this thread? Gee thanks, no one sent out a "freaking cute baby alert".
Christy, he is adorable! I didnt even realize you had gotten him (temporarily or not), I remember your thread from the OT about him.
Darien is adorable!!!

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Don't let the doctor freak you out too much about the weight issue. My oldest son became overly skinny from being a FAT baby right after he started to learn how to walk. He was always off the growth chart in height but became under in weight for quite awhile. He is now 16 years old, perfectly healthy and 6' tall.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
VEGASLIZARD":53e60 said:
Don't let the doctor freak you out too much about the weight issue. My oldest son became overly skinny from being a FAT baby right after he started to learn how to walk. He was always off the growth chart in height but became under in weight for quite awhile. He is now 16 years old, perfectly healthy and 6' tall.
I agree! I had three chins and more rolls than a bakery up until around 2, then was always chubby until first grade, then never was able to keep weight on (but was never diagnosed as being malnurished).

Freeie":53e60 said:
He tried to hide Chimaira in the sand at the park so the birds didnt eat him.
P2220182.jpg
Awww, he was protecting Chimaira from the bad ol' birds. Did she get upset over being buried?

Freeie":53e60 said:
He keeps letting the beardies loose on me... So everyone is on beardie/baby watch around the vivs.
But he just wanted to give them exercise :laughing6:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Oh thanks on the weight issue it eases my mind. The dr questioned his parents like they were starving him last tuesday. When the dr called the next day i told her im the grandma and that he eats a ton of food a day he hates his milk tho he only drinks about 12 to 16 oz a day and he should be drinking 24 to 32 oz a day he never has been a drinker. You cant force a baby to eat i can tell you that it took me 15 mins to feed him 3 oz of baby food. The dr needed to see a weight gain in 1 weeks time or hes going to be put through tests. So everyone in the home is trying to stick food in his mouth 24/7. His mom was a skinny stick, i was a stick, my grandma was a stick as a baby. I think its in our genes.

Chimaira just sat there he dosnt care what you do with him lol Only 2 beardies that we can take to the park that dosnt freak out is Chimaira and Kinno.

It wouldnt be so bad him letting them out if he would only let 1 out at a time LOL He keeps letting out the males and the hormonal ones at that. Bobbles out of his reach now because i know he would fight one of the others hes a very beardie aggressive male. I'm trying to teach him "dont open the vivs" and "dont hit the vivs" hes not really hitting them he does his normal poking the vivs with his index finger but if you seen a finger comming at you a 100 times a day it would freak you out after a while :?

Ok naked baby alert!!!!! He helped me with baths and ended up in his own LOL He kept trying to climb in with them only way to stop him was to quickly bleach out a small tub and toss him in it.

P2260001.jpg

P2260006.jpg

P2260014.jpg

Roo wasnt thrilled LOL All Amber kept telling him was "you better not make poop soup" cracked me up!

Opps I forgot when im working in the yard if i want him to stay in 1 spot all i have to do is stick him in the grass LOL He wont move. He wont let his hands or feet touch.
P2180100.jpg

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
omg christy i cant get enough of him, the dr did the same thing to me with my lil girl i gave her pediasure r have you tried putting strawberry syrup in his milk we do this for my 3 yr old he calls it his rabbit milk (hince the quick bunny on the bottle) also try feeding him alot of cereal, rice and potatoes this week to bulk him up lol. but otherwise tell the dr to go hum hum hum himself. hes adorable the way he is. i love naked baby but in the bin too cute.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
also i just remebered you telling me last week he was teething, None of mine ate while teething make sure the hum hum hum dr knows that.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
I just love the pics of him in his own beardie tub. He is so adorable! And tell the doctor it is normal for people in your family to be thin! They always want to put everyone in the same box and the truth is that not all of us fit. My skinny child was not big on Milk either, he was a juice drinker. He had been nursed and wasn't interested in cow milk. LOL. Honestly, as long as you know he is getting a balanced diet there is nothing that can be done about a fast metabolism. I was RAIL thin until the age of 27 no matter how much I ate. There is nothing that the doctors can do about it but drive you crazy because they can't see what he is eating at home.
Just remember that doctors are not God even though they often think they are. You may want to remind this doctor that you have already raised several children that survived. LOL So maybe you know what you are doing!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Given that your mom, you, AND your daughter are thin, there's a slim chance that Darien will be in the normal weight range, unless his dad is a big guy by nature. It definitely is in the genes. I, too, inherited the skinny genes from both of my parents, while my sis got the big boned frame and weight genes from my dad's side of the family.

I also need to share my eating story. When I was little, I hated eating; it wasn't that I hated the food, I just never saw the excitement of eating or the time allotted for it. I could sit at the table for hours and not eat a bite; but, if you gave me a piece of watermelon with a spoonful of food, I'd eat that in a heartbeat. As a teen, my parents received many phone calls from both school nurse/teachers and other parents asking if I was anorexic, if I was bulimic, or just not eating. The phone calls finally stopped when they saw how thin my mom was, and hearing her tell them that I eat like a pig (seriously, every few hours).

Now, in my "late" years, I'm still being questioned about my weight, about whether I eat enough protein or calories.

Some people just have a very fast metabolism, even as a toddler.

I love the double bath pics! So stinkin' cute!

Freeie":dcb4a said:
Roo wasnt thrilled LOL All Amber kept telling him was "you better not make poop soup" cracked me up!
Was she talking to Roo or Darien?? :lol:

Freeie":dcb4a said:
Opps I forgot when im working in the yard if i want him to stay in 1 spot all i have to do is stick him in the grass LOL He wont move. He wont let his hands or feet touch.
My sister was the same way when she was a young un! She always had to have socks and shoes on, and god forbid that her feet touched grass/dirt.

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Darien gained 8 oz. In 1 week. Thats with everyone sticking food in his mouth 24/7 witch is no way for any of us to live. They are now having a health nurse come 2 times a week.... The kids tried to tell them that we cant force food down his throat or force him to drink his milk he refuses bottles he will only drink from a sippy cup now he switched all on his own. I cant wait for the health nurse to start coming to our home :D

I have some pictures of Darien helping Roo dig in the lay box but some child of mine took my camera cord soooooo you have to wait for your baby fix lol

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
He wanted to see what i was doing in Roo's viv so i stuck him up in their he watched her dig around for a long while. He loves his beardies :D
P3010065.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom