a ? about nail's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsnsan

Juvie Member
I trim mine about once a month so that they don't develop too much of a hook..so they don't scratch.
I've seen some nails that I personally think are too long, and could cause problems with walking and climbing. I think beardies in captivity need to have their nails trimmed every now and again, because they arent wearing them down enough. But, that's just what "I" do.

vampy

Juvie Member
They only NEED to be trimmed if they are super long and curling under and affecting his mobility, but if he's scratching you when you handle him, you can trim them for your own comfort. If he has natural rocks or slate tile in his viv, then that should do the job of keeping them filed down okay on its own, but if not, it's totally fine for you to give them a trim. Unless your beardie is very placid and doesn't mind being messed about with, the easiest time is after he's asleep...cover his head with a cloth to keep the light off his face, and he should let you trim them without too much fuss.

poga7961

Original Poster
Ok thank you I will keep that in mind. He scratched me just once. He has a rock in his viv.

AmberC

Hatchling Member
I trim Sasha's whenever they start to scratch. It's super easy to tell if they are ready for a trim or not though because the dark part extends past the white part (the tiny dark tip is all I ever cut off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom