Traveling in an RV for the Summer

Brutus2344

Beardie name(s)
Brutus
I have a question about traveling in an RV. He is currently in a 4x2x2 and will soon be in a 6x2x2. When we take short trips in the RV how would he be in a 3x2x2 for 2-5 days? I have all the lighting to set it up? Or are there any other options? TIA

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have a question about traveling in an RV. He is currently in a 4x2x2 and will soon be in a 6x2x2. When we take short trips in the RV how would he be in a 3x2x2 for 2-5 days? I have all the lighting to set it up? Or are there any other options? TIA
He will be ok for a few days at a time. Get him out as much as you can and make sure the lighting is up to par. Also make sure he can't fall if you have to brake hard or hit rough roads.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, as long as you have a safe tank setup & are properly keeping an eye on the temperatures, the traveling will be fine for him.
I'm sure he will love the scenery!

Tracie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've been on many trips with my dragons and they've done very well. It provides a good opportunity for time outside to enjoy some natural surroundings and sunlight depending on where you go. My guys, especially Darwin, have really enjoyed roaming around new places (under supervision). If you can bring a large enclosure with you, go for it. Otherwise a pack n play style enclosure that you can fold out as needed should work. I typically bring an adjustable light stand with a fixture & basking light. A thermometer/temp gun to check your temps after you have everything set up for the day. Definitely bring a bag of cleaning supplies. I have a carrier that clips to a seatbelt which is a bit more secure for while driving. Enjoy the adventures. In my opinion, traveling with them in a reasonably safe and controlled manner provides them with valuable enrichment.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
I've been on many trips with my dragons and they've done very well. It provides a good opportunity for time outside to enjoy some natural surroundings and sunlight depending on where you go. My guys, especially Darwin, have really enjoyed roaming around new places (under supervision). If you can bring a large enclosure with you, go for it. Otherwise a pack n play style enclosure that you can fold out as needed should work. I typically bring an adjustable light stand with a fixture & basking light. A thermometer/temp gun to check your temps after you have everything set up for the day. Definitely bring a bag of cleaning supplies. I have a carrier that clips to a seatbelt which is a bit more secure for while driving. Enjoy the adventures. In my opinion, traveling with them in a reasonably safe and controlled manner provides them with valuable enrichment.
I agree completely, all of mine have loved cars rides once they got used to it. The biggest problem I have is they all seem to think I should hold my arm up to make a ledge for looking out the window lol.

Brutus2344

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brutus
Thanks for the feed back, I have a 6x2x2 now. Would a 36" be ok short term for travel.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should be enough to provide them with a proper light gradient, and secure space. Hopefully he'll get plenty of time outside with you while you travel which will be a great enrichment for him. You might find a foldable outdoor pen useful. This is what I have and it has worked whell at campsites. There is a solid bottom and mesh top that zip into place. You can add them if needed but can leave them off if he seems content.
Amazon.com

Brutus2344

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Brutus
That should be enough to provide them with a proper light gradient, and secure space. Hopefully he'll get plenty of time outside with you while you travel which will be a great enrichment for him. You might find a foldable outdoor pen useful. This is what I have and it has worked whell at campsites. There is a solid bottom and mesh top that zip into place. You can add them if needed but can leave them off if he seems content.
Amazon.com
Nice!! Ill get one of those

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I agree completely, all of mine have loved cars rides once they got used to it. The biggest problem I is they all seem to think I should hold my arm up to make a ledge for looking out the window lol.
OMG mine too but they also have a pillow and they sit on it.
I open the sunroof-
If it's night, they jump on the floor and attempt sleep on the floor mat (I pick them up and put them in their bag)- it's the darkest area

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
OMG mine too but they also have a pillow and they sit on it.
I open the sunroof-
If it's night, they jump on the floor and attempt sleep on the floor mat (I pick them up and put them in their bag)- it's the darkest area
I take a carrier in case mine get unruly but for the most part they just set on me lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom