(#3) Gizmo's being temperamental!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear this beardie is a Sith (Star Wars) in disguise! He act all sweet kind one second, looking like he is begging to be picked up......then SNAP! he bites your hand! I had to give him a bath today but he was just too cranky so I couldn't. I think he is just having a bad day after a bad nights sleep.

My 9 year old niece spent the night and it was either the air mattress or my bed and she chose to sleep in my bed. I wasn't tired so I said ok but informed her that the lights, TV, ect. had to be off by no later than 11pm (normally everything is off by 10:30 since Gizmo's tank is in my room but I let my niece have 30 minutes). She said she would so I went to the other room and started watching movies and reading since I was going to sleep on the couch. I fell asleep but woke up around 4am to some very loud noise. The movie I'd been watching was on the main menu and the song playing was very soft. I went to my room and saw my niece laughing away at a VERY loud tv. My lamp was on as well as Gizmo's lights! Even my radio was on! I was livid and poor Gizmo's color was nearly black! Easy to guess that I all but lost my temper with my niece. I told her she was not staying in my room and set up the air mattress for her in the other room. She was upset and said I had too many rules and that it wasn't her fault. Ummm who else turned everything on and was laughing like the Joker at 4am? I think I had a right to be mad since my baby looked like piece of charcoal that developed a respiratory system and had a head, legs, and a tail!

I think Giz is just extra sleepy and cranky because of that. Normally he's sweet. Because of how long he was up last night I kept his lights off as long as I could which unfortunately was only until 12pm when my mom came in and turned on my lights since I wouldn't get out of bed. Normally his lights are turned on between 10am and 11am.

As for my niece, she spent the night again tonight but did apologize and I did to for loosing my temper.

Other than that Giz is fine, eating away at his salad and crickets :)

Rukii

Juvie Member
Poor Gizmo!! I'm sure he's just being cranky. I felt terrible for my 2 beardies because I kindof screwed up their light schedule because I broke their timer.. They weren't too happy with me :oops: I'm glad to hear he's ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom