(#3) Gizmo's being temperamental!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear this beardie is a Sith (Star Wars) in disguise! He act all sweet kind one second, looking like he is begging to be picked up......then SNAP! he bites your hand! I had to give him a bath today but he was just too cranky so I couldn't. I think he is just having a bad day after a bad nights sleep.

My 9 year old niece spent the night and it was either the air mattress or my bed and she chose to sleep in my bed. I wasn't tired so I said ok but informed her that the lights, TV, ect. had to be off by no later than 11pm (normally everything is off by 10:30 since Gizmo's tank is in my room but I let my niece have 30 minutes). She said she would so I went to the other room and started watching movies and reading since I was going to sleep on the couch. I fell asleep but woke up around 4am to some very loud noise. The movie I'd been watching was on the main menu and the song playing was very soft. I went to my room and saw my niece laughing away at a VERY loud tv. My lamp was on as well as Gizmo's lights! Even my radio was on! I was livid and poor Gizmo's color was nearly black! Easy to guess that I all but lost my temper with my niece. I told her she was not staying in my room and set up the air mattress for her in the other room. She was upset and said I had too many rules and that it wasn't her fault. Ummm who else turned everything on and was laughing like the Joker at 4am? I think I had a right to be mad since my baby looked like piece of charcoal that developed a respiratory system and had a head, legs, and a tail!

I think Giz is just extra sleepy and cranky because of that. Normally he's sweet. Because of how long he was up last night I kept his lights off as long as I could which unfortunately was only until 12pm when my mom came in and turned on my lights since I wouldn't get out of bed. Normally his lights are turned on between 10am and 11am.

As for my niece, she spent the night again tonight but did apologize and I did to for loosing my temper.

Other than that Giz is fine, eating away at his salad and crickets :)

Rukii

Juvie Member
Poor Gizmo!! I'm sure he's just being cranky. I felt terrible for my 2 beardies because I kindof screwed up their light schedule because I broke their timer.. They weren't too happy with me :oops: I'm glad to hear he's ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom