2012 Bearded Dragon Calendar images needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Did you not send 2 Rose?
Goonie":1hmrj7vj said:
That may be why I thought it wasn't until October.

Hey Alex, how about extending the due date by at least a week, given you haven't received as many entries as years past? Pweeeease?

Pretty Pweeeease? Kazi might feel better about posing if he is given an extra week or so! LOL!

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Actually, it's always been September. I think in the past I let it go to early/mid October. However, that ended up pushing the final release into mid November or so (especially as more and more was getting submitted). The reason for the timing is that statistically there's a significant increase in the number of people shopping for a calendar start in late October. So, I want to have these ready before November before people start buying their calendars for the following year. It's a marketing research thing. :)

Btw, for those wondering how I got my statistics, I use Google Trends ( http://www.google.com/trends ). You can search for various keywords and see what the trend for people searching those terms are. Helpful with stuff like planning ideal times to release a product online with maximum capture of prime market share. :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'll tell ya what... Since I'm out of town that weekend, I'll extend the due date by a couple days. :) I'll update the main post to reflect this.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Yay!!!!! Alex, you are such a STAR!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

In the 3 years iv sent in photos, I do think it was only once that it was October- the only reason I know that is because I submitted Phoebes photo for the 2010 calendar and I didn't get her until at least mid October 2009. I also know that it was a major panic to get a photo of her in time lol!

Thanks again, Alex!!!!!

NthosMommy

I sent 2 e-mail submissions and there was a delay, followed by a failure to deliver.

Hope I can still make the deadline.
This is my first time for my 2 Beardies =)

N'tho and Usze's Mom <3

I will fix my sig asap!!

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
when i tryed to send the email i got this back The original message was received at Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:51:18 -0400
from mtaomg-da02.r1000.mx.aol.com [172.29.51.138]

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a
general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to the e-mail
administrator or Postmaster at that destination.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
<[email protected]>... Deferred: Connection timed out with
mail.beardeddragon.org.
Message could not be delivered for 3 hours
Message will be deleted from queue

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
MissT":29628hi5 said:
Yay!!!!! Alex, you are such a STAR!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!
What she said! :mrgreen:

To all those who had been receiving delivery failure or delay messages back from your email server, you may want to look into the email's file size limitations. I remember having the same issues while using AOL.
Just a thought.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hmmmm... I'm guessing that there may be a network range that belongs to AOL that has gotten auto-banned by some of my email scripts. I will try taking a look at that. I think I may have to put together a script (similar to one used for the Visitor Photo Album) so people can upload images directly to the site as an alternative method.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
For those having email delivery issues, you may also want to try an alternate email (Yahoo or Google), if you can.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Alex, my special wee man passed away today. Is it still ok for me to submit pics of him? I'm not quite sure how I am going to build up the strength to look through his photos but I really want him to be included :(

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Sure MissT. I'm so sorry to hear that he's passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom