2009 Bearded Dragon Calendar images needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
hey, sorry to be a bother. i got that confirmation email, but i was wondering if the two pictures i sent could be better. if the composition could be reworked, please let me know and i'll try to take some pics in a better setting.

i plan on buying a calender, reguardless of him getting in. ive been meaning to get a calender to document cirtain events in my dragons lives, why not buy a bearded dragon calender to do it with :wink: .

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yes, they're good. I like the one with him on the pavement especially. :) Cute picture, good composition.

-Alex

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
i sent the pics for my other dragons, but i had one last question about one of my pics...

i dont have many good pics of "trouble" and i dont really like the one i sent of him on that log. could i possibly send one more pic of him to replace the picture in question, or do you like that one ok?

sorry to be a bother, i cant wait for the calender to come out. i only wish i had a good camera so i could try for that hi-res calender.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
The ones you sent are all good.

-Alex

MissT

BD.org Addict
beardie":c9d3b said:
MissT: Yes, I got both emails. My filters look for the string I mentioned, but will catch it if there's a Re: or a FWD: in front of it too.

Thanks so much for checking that out for me - I only recieved a confirmation email for the second lot of pics so im glad I have that all checked out - the OH would be so mad at me if one of them got included in the calendar and the other missed out due to my stupidity!!

Once again, thanks!! And a special thanks to you for taking the time out to make a calendar for us all to celebrate bearded dragons!!

T

I just sent in my pictures of Dexter... I had a hard time taking pictures that weren't blurry etc. I hope you can work with these!
Christine

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Alex, I just sent you a picture today, I'm good with photo-editing programs and if you need a hand I can help you out.

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
I just submitted my picture for the calendar I thought it was really cute.
000_0183.jpg

Just try and tell me that is not cute.

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Hi Alex,

Just curious.....

Do our names/BD.org sign on names/E-mail addresses get printed in the calendar too or just the names of the BD's ?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Just the beardie names. I use the usernames (or sometimes names) just for sorting through the pictures in preparation of making selections. There are often many beardies named "Spike" for example, so having the additional info helps me keep clear on who is who. Also sometimes people email from multiple email addresses (work/home/etc), so that's why providing username and name is also needed.

Thanks,
-Alex

wingeddrgn

Hatchling Member
I have just emailed you some pictures...I had someone here at work take them today (yep, beardies at work)
Anyways please let me know if the pictures are ok..I also sent a seperate email with a picture of both dragons incase the individual ones don't work.

pammie

i hope all the pictures i have sent you are ok. i sent 2 of each of my adult dragons one of one baby and one of the 3 babies. i cant wait to see the calender. i hope they make it! :D

ArchiesFamily

Juvie Member
Are you able to accept .nef (RAW) files?

Will vertical pictures be considered for a full page layout - or are horizontal the only way to go?

If our beardie is "artistically" :D posed towards the side of one picture would it be advantageous to add a thin border or should we just pick a different picture?

Thank you!

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Horizontal is really the only way to do a full page layout as that is how the calendar is. RAW files are NOT preferred as it will mean I have to go through additional processing, and that's assuming the software I already have recognizes your particular cameras RAW format. So, JPG or PNG is prefered (PNG preserves quality far better than JPG). There is no need to leave much of a border, except that I may still have to crop depending on the proportions of the image compared to the calendar page. So, it's a good idea to leave some room just in case, but not always necessary. Remember that I can always crop and fit, and will generally do so to try and get what I think is the best composition (as much as possible). Also, a beardie filling an entire frame will be less likely to be used, as I do need to also fit in smaller images around the border, where I can. I do try to fit in one of every beardie, and for the last couple years, that meant about 100 beardies!!

Go ahead and take a look at the samples provided in the first post to get a sense for how I will be needing to work it.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom