12yo Beardie Ill Tonight

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I can't thank you both enough for your help in reassuring me and advising me.

I will be changing the bulb in five months as I always do - I have dropped the bulb to around 6 inches away from her and also centralised it more to where she lays.

I removed anything she could fall off for now due to the balance issue and have bought a new calcium which contains D3 and will give her that once per day five times a week as advised!
Keep us posted on her please

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are very welcome. How is she doing today?
It sounds like you have rearranged her tank a little so that she can get around a bit easier.
Since it is a T8 tube, you can have it at a 6-8 inch distance from her to be sure she is getting
strong enough UVB exposure.
You can give the calcium 4-5 times per week. I wouldn't give too much D3, maybe a few times
per week & then a few days just plain calcium.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hello,

You are very welcome. How is she doing today?
It sounds like you have rearranged her tank a little so that she can get around a bit easier.
Since it is a T8 tube, you can have it at a 6-8 inch distance from her to be sure she is getting
strong enough UVB exposure.
You can give the calcium 4-5 times per week. I wouldn't give too much D3, maybe a few times
per week & then a few days just plain calcium.

Let us know how she is doing.
Tracie
Hi Tracie - yeah I have rearranged her tank so she is more safe/comfortable.

Yeah - I lowered and centered the bulb to give her more exposure. I haven't noticed too much difference however she seems to be holding her head slightly better now and moving slightly more steadily. She is quite a lazy girl and doesnt move much this time of year but she does seem to be slowly improving - I have been checking up on her every half hour when I am in the house so will keep doing that and hopefully see some improvements over the coming days!

Ruvio4

Original Poster
She has been moving around slightly today but mainly stayed underneath both bulbs - she appears alot lighter in colour. Is this a good sign?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Interesting, do you have any new pictures of her you could post? Just how much lighter in color
is she, is her beard dark at all?
What are the temperatures in & around her basking area, is she getting too hot?
Let us know what her temperatures are again so we can be sure they are optimal for her right now.

Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hi - yeah I had noticed her beard remained slightly darker. Her temperatures are hitting around 90-93 in the basking area at the moment and the cool end is around 78-80.

She isn't so much lighter maybe she just looked dark when I first posted this she has returned to what I would say is a normal colour for her.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, the temperatures sound good. I hope she is going back to her more normal colors.
Let us know how things are going. It is a good sign she is holding her head up more &
seems to be more alert right now.

Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hi - she's doing slightly better I would say. She has passed excrement which is a good sign I guess?!

I have bought her liquid calcium but unsure how much to administer - I have a 1ml plastic syringe that I was going to use to squirt into her mouth but the bottle says to put two drops into 30ml Bowl - which would be her water bowl which would mean I can't give her it direct. Can anyone suggest anything as don't want to overdose her on it either!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi - she's doing slightly better I would say. She has passed excrement which is a good sign I guess?!

I have bought her liquid calcium but unsure how much to administer - I have a 1ml plastic syringe that I was going to use to squirt into her mouth but the bottle says to put two drops into 30ml Bowl - which would be her water bowl which would mean I can't give her it direct. Can anyone suggest anything as don't want to overdose her on it either!
Tracie can help w/ that you can mix it w/ water but I don't know the correct dosage- it's good she's moving - her pooping is good -

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Tracie can help w/ that you can mix it w/ water but I don't know the correct dosage- it's good she's moving - her pooping is good -
Thanks - yeah I'll wait until she replies. The trouble is it says on bottle 2 Drops of Calcium mixed with 30ml of water - I guess I could mix in a water bottle and syringe it out from there?

Yeah - hopefully she is on the mend! 🤞 I with the help of you and Tracie am doing everything I can - so hopefully she pulls around although I know she is quite old now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Does the bottle determine the strength or percentage of the solution?
Or, does it list the mgs per ML of solution? If possible, post a picture of the bottle & the label
& I can help with mixing it & diluting it to a usable dose for her. She may not get enough just
mixing it with water if she doesn't drink enough, etc.

Tracie

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Does the bottle determine the strength or percentage of the solution?
Or, does it list the mgs per ML of solution? If possible, post a picture of the bottle & the label
& I can help with mixing it & diluting it to a usable dose for her. She may not get enough just
mixing it with water if she doesn't drink enough, etc.

Tracie
Hi Tracie - this is the product link:

It recommends that you mix two drops of the liquid calcium with 30ml of water - however I'm unsure on what to give her as was thinking by mouth with a plastic syringe.

HeathJenks

Beardie name(s)
Pi'lar (Pea-lar)
Hello, I am after some urgent help. I have a 12yo female bearded dragon. I went to say goodnight to her earlier as I always do and found her on her back - she isn't lifting her head up and when walking seems very off-balance and unable to walk properly. She seemed well up until this happened - can anyone please help me?! I understand she is old.
Hi there Ruvio - So sorry to read this. I have an 11 yr old female and I wish I could help u. I realize u posted this a few days ago but has anything changed?

Ruvio4

Original Poster
Hi there Ruvio - So sorry to read this. I have an 11 yr old female and I wish I could help u. I realize u posted this a few days ago but has anything changed?
Hi, I've had the help of some people on the forum and she has improved slowly so hoping this continues!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom