120g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek32

Juvie Member
okay so im getitng Tiki a 120g tank(or something near that size) and i want to make it look nice. any tips?

If tiki is old enough to use sand. I think that repticarpet looks horrible. And i suggest to put it on a stand. you could paint over somthing or make a custom stand and stain it with a nice color. It could look real sharp. 8)

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
no sand its like a gigantic petri dish that can get them impacted use tile like slate it looks nice and keeps nails trimmed :wink:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Any beardie can get impacted. Ive heard of plenty of adults eating their sand and dieing. Even if they don't get impacted, they can still get eye and respiratory infections from breathing in all the dust and getting it in their eye. My first baby had an eye abscess when I adopted him from previously being housed on loose substrate.

As for the 120gal viv... Wow, your little one will be spoiled! If you don't already have one, definitely get a hammock. :) You could make some neat fake rock decorations too!

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Another thing with the slate or tile is it is easier to clean up. Also can be cheaper in the long run since you would need to replace the sand (however often it is). Just though I would throw that in for ya

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
you just need to seal it or it will absorb liquids. iv had sealed tile for awhile now and mine love how warm it gets and i love how easy it is to clean

also marine carpet is good. have a couple of spare bits and when you clean out the tank just take the whole piece out and put a fresh bit in. they can be cleaned with the high pressure hose at ur local car wash and left outside to dry. simple as eating ur dinner. thats what im getting for yoda!

triumphtt

Juvie Member
MasterYoda":1jj5rvtt said:
simple as eating ur dinner.

If you ever saw my human kid eat you wouldn't say that. How about ... It's as simple as catching a Hornworm that's placed right in front of you!

MiNuS31

That fake rock look is amazin...but I rather keep a tank with bright white insides so it's brighter and shows the dragons colors more...I had a yellow/orange dragon and when I put her in the glass tank (breeder had her in a bright white tank) the colors faded to golden brown...plus when your not home I would want the tank bright as possible because your turning your house lights off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom