Is this correct?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I’m in a Facebook group and I’m going to share some things I was told and I wanna see if y’all agree. I personally do not.
I was bashed for recommending fake plants and pretty much got in trouble for saying it. They also said that since my lizard is around 8 months and not a year that there’s no way shes brumating or slowing down bc shes “to young” no my husbandry isn’t perfect as she doesn’t have bioactive or a 120G yet but I think I’m doing ok. (She’s getting a 120G Christmas). Do y’all agree with these things?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I’m in a Facebook group and I’m going to share some things I was told and I wanna see if y’all agree. I personally do not.
I was bashed for recommending fake plants and pretty much got in trouble for saying it. They also said that since my lizard is around 8 months and not a year that there’s no way shes brumating or slowing down bc shes “to young” no my husbandry isn’t perfect as she doesn’t have bioactive or a 120G yet but I think I’m doing ok. (She’s getting a 120G Christmas). Do y’all agree with these things?
Younger dragons around 8 months can brumate depending on their weight- yes they do slow down in winter months that goes for activity and appetite - as long as your uvb and surface basking temps are on par your dragon is fine- don't listen to the FB groups - most do not know what they are talking about-

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with Karrie, a big healthy 8 month old can go in to a shorter version of brumation or just slow down in all aspects of activity.
The thing with fake plants does have truth to it though, some dragons [ including mine ] will try to eat them, so it can be a health hazard.

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
I agree with Karrie, a big healthy 8 month old can go in to a shorter version of brumation or just slow down in all aspects of activity.
The thing with fake plants does have truth to it though, some dragons [ including mine ] will try to eat them, so it can be a health hazard.
I understand that but they said that it is guaranteed that most if not all will and that you should not use them AT ALL.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

On the brumation note, a lot of dragons under one year go into a light or semi-brumation.
As long as your dragon is healthy, there is no reason why she can't rest for a little bit & have
her first brumation. She probably wont brumate for a long period of time, but, they are all
different.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom