When do they like to chill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Hello everyone

So I’m curious about what age do dragons like to come out of their tank and chill with you? When I bring my guy out (3 or so months) he wants to run around, climb the couch etc.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Its best to let them acclimate to the surroundings --- they can get lost real easy when out --- they are fast --- I would watch the stress marks when handling them and taking them out --
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's all dragon dependent. Some dragons are calm from a young age, some never stop wanting to run around and explore.

-Brandon

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
It took my Figment a couple of months to settle down and enjoy chilling with me... he was probably about 3 months old when I got him, and probably around 6 months when he started to calm down. I feel that just like human toddlers, who seem to have two speeds (full speed ahead and dead stop), some young dragons are just wriggly little bundles of energy... it's hardwired into them from generations of "run or get eaten" Darwinism. I still handled Figment frequently, but for short periods, so he would be accustomed to it - and now, at a bit more than a year from his gotcha date, he's usually incredibly mellow when I take him out, very happy to just sit and absorb my body heat.

My boy likes to run around and explore during the day but when I get him out an hour or two before bedtime he just sits on my shoulder and naps so you may want to try seeing how he acts at different times of the day.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
Mari chilled with me from day one at 4 months old. She ate right out of my hand immediately and she loved to just chill on me. It depends on their personality — I think now she sees me as another basking rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom