Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I been out of the loop.

We have a few more weeks of summer. Our dragons are plowing through salads, bugs with occasional fruit. We learned kale isn't as bad as once believed it was. The dragons get it once a week mixed with other staple foods.

Broly has more body parts in shed: lips, chin, most of his back, chest, stomach up past his vent and parts of his tail. We have to watch to end of his tail, because of an injury years ago there's one scale near the end that no matter how many sheds it gets stuck on that area and builds a small band of skin. This requires lots of baths or aloe vera. That scale is inward instead of outward like others. He still has his feet all yellow still not ready to shed off.

Everyone else is fine. My stomach hurts like hell so goodnight!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

Labor day is effectively the end of summer here in Alaska, even though that's not what the calendar says. Things are cooling off and the first frost is expected later this week.

Yes, I understand that a little kale is ok for beardies as long as people don't make a staple out of it. I guess the same thing goes for spinach. Once a week as part of a mix sounds ideal.

That's frustrating when you have to worry about a band of skin constricting a tail or a toe, but keeping it moist so it doesn't harden is supposed to help. Hadn't heard of using aloe vera but our vet told us that oil is not a good idea. Some other people on this website were recommending that and we tried it, but we stopped after the vet told us no go.

Puff was shedding on his lips and chin but most of it came off in his bath yesterday. He still has that patch on his tail that has been there like forever, but fortunately it's not all the way around, so no worries.

I hope your stomach feels better.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So Broly has a black beard over a shed. He was ok before the shed. It's an on and off black beard, sure it indicates unwell, I don't think he is. He doesn't sleep like that and it's less than 3 hours long. He has most his shed done. Back, vent, one eyelid, one nostril done. His snout is now coming up to shed and still working on lips, part of chest and I think stomach...or it shed off can't remember. Other nostril still plugged and I listened to his breathing (monthly thing I do) all seems well there. Stools are a bit runny no bad smell it may be the salad still a bit wet for two days now. I dried the squash a bit more and the grape LOL though that will probably counteract what Im trying to do. It's a new week he gets fruit once a week. No matter if it's apple, mango or kiwi only one piece of fruit. The rest of the week it's salads and bugs. Broly still has his sides, foot shedding and part of chest into armpit. He should feel at least 60% better because most of the sheds are done. Half his tail hasn't come off yet but the end is mostly done. Im thinking he's just grumpy because he is still somewhat shedding. He did stop the "I want to bite you!" mode so that's already a step in the right direction. Such a drama king.

Update: his beard isn't as dark as it was or it bounces between dark and light dark. I assure everyone reading he's not sick. He had already been checked with fecals and blood before brumation if he does in fact go down. He can definitely sleep off winter if he would like to he is 5 years old and getting older. Older dragons tend to want brumation more than 1-2 yr olds even though any age after 1 yr or as young as 11 months old go into brumation.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
Yeah, black beards can be scary but it sounds like Broly's ok since you've ruled out everything else that could be causing it except the shed, especially since he's shedding all over the place. I'm lucky that Puff doesn't get grumpy when he sheds, but he only sheds in little bits and pieces lately -- I guess that happens when they get older too. Right now he's working on a little patch on top of his head, including one eyebrow, and one or both nostrils. It looks like it's going to come off any day now, but he doesn't seem to care.

Older dragons being more likely to brumate may be what's going on with Puff and his napping so much of the time. He's eating less and napping more lately, but so far not losing a whole lot of weight. We plan to keep getting him up for a bath and as much of a meal as he wants to eat every day, and we've agreed to call the vet if his weight drops to around 450 grams (he's just over 500 now), although there probably isn't much of anything they can do about it. They are also still in Covid lockdown and doing curbside drop off and pick up for pets, so I hate to send him in there if I don't get to be with him.

My husband is out picking apples. We have two trees and we get deluged with more than we can eat, especially when they all get ripe at the same time and you have to harvest them before the first hard frost. Light frost makes them sweeter, but if you leave them on the tree this time of year you can lose your crop if the weather doesn't cooperate. He takes them to work and they scarf them up, even with just the skeleton crew.

I think about you every time I see the stuff on the news about the fires in Oregon. Are you doing ok with any of them near you and have you got enough decent air to breathe? I hope it's ok where you are.

Puff ate just a little squash for lunch today, but so far he's still basking and hasn't gone back in his hide yet. Happy weekend... :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Football returned and so far Eagles aren't looking too well. Packers are still going strong from last season. Eagles didn't lose to Bengals no...they tied with them. So no team got the winning point.

Broly's still mighty hungry and back to trying to bite us. Im thinking three meals a day of salad for him till he calms down. He had a few dubias and a silkworm. I gave him squash for dinner with a bit of arugula and a few bellpepper mixed in. He wolfed it all down any item I gave him. Bowl was cleaned out! Nobody picks him up just from the time he wakes till bed he eyes you like a hawk and tries to bite...well unless you're cleaning his stool then he doesn't bother trying to bite. Still a bit of shed on his tail, haven't checked his foot. Either irritated with the bit of shed or he's really hungry. He had this before where he was technically starving (when he was fed anyway) and he was just fine later. We're waiting this out before we pick him up again. His weight is up 6g 576g so he's not losing weight and stool been checked, body examined for pain anywhere. No black beard tho yet he's trying to attack us unless he's tired which is around 7-8pm. Pain is negative no reaction from him. Stool is low count of parasites so it's not them and not pain. We should probably do a ct scan. No black beard so no distress. Maybe he finds this funny...Idk. My reaction to him trying is to pull my hand away before he gets close. Have you felt a bite?! Those hurt!

Brighter side is everyone else is sweet and letting us pick them up. We'll update on Broly if anything comes up because Idk what else there is if the ct shows nothing. Maybe just a savage eater or something. Or he really loves food. He goes out of his way to bite just because he's hungry? Hmm Idk.

Fires are no issue the one closest to us is contained. We have apples too from a tree my parents gave us. Anyway...other than that we're pretty safe. It was hard to breathe on Sep 8th man...it was crazy the sky was blood red to orange. The skies are blue again well kinda grey we're getting rain and winds now.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
I'm glad to hear you're not suffering too much from the fires, and getting some rain -- wind wouldn't be good without the rain. We're getting soaked around here too, but that's normal for this time of year. We didn't have a bad fire season this last summer -- nothing compared to last year.

Some of our apples are still on the tree but we're taking chances with the possibility of an unexpected hard frost. So far nighttime temperatures have been in the low 40s and that just makes them sweeter. Way more than we can use for ourselves -- my husband cooked some of the smaller ones and he will probably take the rest of them to work. I'm not up to processing apples anymore but I'm hoping to make pancakes out of some of the ones he cut up and cooked, and freeze the rest. We've been having them with our breakfast cereal too.

I can't imagine them doing football with the Covid thing going on. No audience except on TV, and I hope the teams don't catch it. I haven't checked on the stats yet this year. Maybe we can hope for a vaccine by Super Bowl time or maybe not. We'll see. I'm getting tired of being scared of my husband bringing it home since he's still going to work and doing the grocery shopping, but his office is still shut down to the public and still taking precautions, so I probably shouldn't worry so much. I'm completely isolated myself but I'm used to it.

It sounds like something pretty mysterious is going on with Broly. :? I hope you can figure it out if he doesn't settle down on his own. At least all your other critters seem to be doing well. :)

Puff has bitten me once or twice but not hard -- didn't even break the skin. I was feeding him Repashy Grub Pie, which he goes nuts for. I cut it into little wormy shapes and he got my fingers mixed up with the "worms". Almost exactly the opposite of Broly these days -- Sleeping a lot and not eating much, and tolerates baths and cuddles. His weight has dropped a little recently but not below 500 grams yet, so we're not too worried so far. We're still not going to let him brumate if we can possibly avoid it. :roll:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So he's only doing the biting thing when he's hungry. He doesn't actually try to attack hands. He literally thinks we're holding food. I pour veggies/greens/fruit in front of him so he knows. Sheds are done except for his fingers. He'll still bite at everything if he's hungry enough. We already done xrays and ct scan nothing going on in the inside. My only thought process now is he's probably gearing up for brumation and he's getting all the food he can get before falling asleep. He's 576g last we checked so he could technically go to sleep. Nothing else is wrong and no black beard since the full on shedding.

It's raining and cold so summer has come to an end. We're keeping the house warm with our pellet stove. We're back to rain and wind storms for the next 7-8 months. It only stops in summer. Fun. We put a tarp over the bunny hutch so no water damage and mold. It's going to clear up soon and we have one last time of 70s temps then it's over.

Im not afraid of covid, I say whatever happens, happens. Im in no position to say whatever about it. My parents are the ones freaked out...more like my dad. So we're good. Tom works with a mask on all 8 hours a day. Paul (Tom's cousin) too and to be honest, vet school isn't letting anyone with their pet unless they have to put it to sleep.

My parents lost their 11 yr old cat to kidney failure so they put her to sleep last Monday. She was a sweetheart and it was hard not seeing her when I came over. She was on the mantel with Serenity who also passed away recently.

I guess that's all for now.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

Glad to here that nothing seems to be wrong with Broly and that you've figured out that he's only biting when he's hungry.

I really think that Puff is trying to brumate too. He's still eating very little and sleeping a lot. Daddy tried to tempt him with some hornworms this weekend and he sat there and stared at them and then pooped in his feeding bin when I went to check on him, so I had to rescue the hornworms before they got poop on them, and put them back in their container. I'm afraid they may get too big and we may have to freeze them before he eats them -- don't need them to hatch out into a tomato moth or whatever it is they turn into. Not to mention that I may get attached to them -- they're so soft and pretty. I hadn't handled hornworms for a while. Daddy is the one who feeds Puff nowadays. He'll eat a little Repashy grub pie occasionally too. Hornworms and grub pie are his favorites when he has any appetite at all.

It's definitely fall around here too, although we had the Alaskan version of "Indian summer" this year, with daytime temperatures in the 50s and nighttime temps in the 40s. It's finally getting down to freezing at night now, and we were lucky to get all the apples off the trees just in time. My husband is still trying to keep his squash plant alive with a mini-greenhouse that he built out of leftover materials and one of Puff's extra heat lamps, but I don't thing it's going to last much longer. I'm surprised that it even grew and actually got far along enough to flower since he planted it in July. I keep telling him not to expect any squash this year. Maybe next year.

Our vet's office is still on covid lockdown, passing pets through car windows and not letting any humans inside, but we still got the notice that Puff is due for his annual exam. I called them to say we'll postpone it for now, but it seems that every time I try to do that something comes up with him and I have to take him in anyway. We've decided not to unless he starts losing a lot of weight, since there's nothing we can really do for him anyway if he does. My husband and I both feel strongly that force feeding is not an option, but so far so good. I know that when they keep themselves cooler they drop their metabolism so they don't burn so many calories and they can sleep and maintain their weight for a while.

My husband is going to be late tonight because he and a friend are going to go pick up a door and frame that's going to replace our old one on Wednesday afternoon, probably just before the snow flies. We've been trying to find someone to do it all summer without success, so hopefully this guy and his partner will be able to do a good job. Someone apparently tried to break into our house this last new year's and our door has been a little bent out of shape ever since, although fortunately it still locks. Makes me afraid to stay here alone -- we have a growing problem with crime in this neighborhood.

Anyway, it will probably be too late for Puff to get his bath and attempted meal tonight and maybe or maybe not on Wednesday, so if he goes in his hide we'll just let him sleep till tomorrow. He'll get weighed on Saturday so we'll see if it makes much difference.

Sorry to hear that your family lost their cats, but it sounds like at least one of them lived to a fairly respectable age. I'm sure they were well taken care of and had good lives, so I hope you will have nice memories of them.

That's about it for happenings around here too, and enough of a TLDR :wink:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I hate waiting till Friday. What I wanted is sold out ugh! Oh well hope it comes back. I really wanted it...only had today to get through and it was gonna be ordered Fri night. Probably still woulda been too late. It seems everyone is buying it too.

Tonight is Eagles vs Giants. My team isn't doing well as a reminder. They got one tie with Bengals, scores look like this 1-3-1 yeah that's freaking great scoring. We lost more than we won. It's not our year.

We ran into issues with our aloe plant. Brown/yellow tips...indicates under/overwatering impossible! Im doing it by the book. Pests no, bad soil no... it's getting as much indirect sun (so websites say) as it can get. I check on it and the other plants often so I would know if something is up.

It dropped to about 35f here. Officially winter nevermind fall. Lucky no rain or we would have gotten snow. My plants are gonna be confused again. It's supposed to warm up a bit then drop back to the 30-40s.

Two dragons down one to go. Broly has stopped being a hungry monster. He no longer eats a lot as he was or going after people's hands. He just stopped. He's now slowing down and maybe sleep he still wakes up to greet us. Jamie and Kane are down. My suspicion was correct he was extra hungry to pack on weight (588g) for winter slow down. I'd say brumation but we know Broly hasn't done an official brumation since we had him. He might officially go this time. I don't blame him it's extra cold and it's weird for this time of year.

Tom was late this evening as he had to examine a hamster for a family that has a 10 year old son. He loves that hamster according to Tom. Apparently the teeth got too long and advised the family to get chew toys or his teeth will keep getting this issue. Tom is in bed asleep now as it's 2am. Im just holding Rain our new hamster and she's bonded so well she's like a rat. I can hold her and she won't run off or I can draw and she'll just watch and chew her toy. The cats ignore her she doesn't move enough for them. Cats are so not interested in her I don't trust them obviously and no Im not a kid who thinks they'll be friends because no of course not. Anyway..

Hope y'all have a great week...we're probably gonna be beardieless soon. As in, all of them asleep.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi --

So I checked in on the football stuff and it looks like the Packers are having a pretty good year so far. Sorry the Eagles hadn't been doing so well, but at least they beat the Giants by one point this last time, if I'm reading the stats correctly. The year's not over yet. I see they're playing the Cowboys next time.

I haven't watched any of the games this year since I have no one to watch them with who also enjoys football. My husband is totally not into it, especially professional football. He thinks those guys ought to donate some of the $$$ they make to charity. I guess he's got a point, but I imagine or at least hope that some of them do. Either way, it's not as much fun this year without the stadiums full of fans, so I'm surprised that they're still playing the games. I hope none of the teams end up spreading the virus around among themselves, and that they will shut down if anyone tests positive.

I hope you can figure out what's wrong with your aloe. Believe it or not, my husband is still managing to keep most of his squash plant alive with one of our leftover reptile heat lamps and the ingenious little mini-greenhouse he built for it out of leftover materials we had sitting around in the shed. Our outside temperatures are dropping below freezing at night so he leaves the heatlamp on 24/7 nowadays. Some of it is still flowering and he hasn't lost hope that he may get a walnut-sized squash by Thanksgiving. We'll see -- stranger things have happened. :?

Meanwhile, winter is here in Anchorage -- never mind what the calendar says. We're getting measurable snowfall for the first time this season but the temperature is right at freezing so it's going to be slushy. It's been mild up until now but this is typical since we almost always have at least a little snow on the ground by Halloween, sometimes a lot, depending on the year.

Mystery solved for Broly, huh? -- pre-brumation hungry, like the bears in the fall. I still think that may be what's going on with Puff, even though he's never really brumated before but is getting older, approximately 8 years going on 9 around next spring, so maybe this is going to be the "new normal." My husband and I have decided to try bathing him and offering him food 3 times a week instead of every day, and let him sleep the rest of the time if that's what he wants to do, just as long as he doesn't start losing weight.

Speaking of napping, he just went downstairs, tried to get in his hide, and got hung up on a towel (he's such a klutz), so now he's "downstairs" next to his hide giving me "The Look." I'm too fat and too short to reach the bottom of the tank, so he's going to have to wait until my husband gets home from work, either that or figure it out by himself. I can only reach him if he decides to go back up on his basking platform, and he's got a nice little "stairway" for that.

That's good news that you've managed to get Rain nice and tame. My little gerbil was not very tame when I got him at the age of about 2 years, so I don't know if I could have gotten him any tamer if I had tried hard enough. He seemed contented enough in his little habitat. I still had him when I got married but he died sometime in our first year of marriage at the age of 4 years, which I understand is about the life span for a gerbil, so I guess I did an ok job taking care of him. I had 2 cats and 2 ferrets at the time too, but I never let them out together because I know what would have happened to the gerbil. I would let the cats and the ferrets out to play together when I was home to supervise, but I always kept them separate when I was at work. The gerbil always stayed separate in his little enclosure. So I know that you can have cats and beardies and hamsters and other critters in the same house without a disaster as long as you're careful with them like you are, although there are people on these discussion forums who will try to tell you different... :roll:

Enough TLDR for now -- I hope you have a nice Halloween in spite of all the cautionary restrictions -- I suppose we can all just stay in our "quarantine bubbles" and watch campy horror movies on YouTube if nothing else. although I've seen that people are coming up with some pretty creative ways to "hand out" treats, figuratively speaking. :mrgreen:

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Oh I know about them. They don't read my thread or maybe and don't respond. Whatever, I kept old man Vash with cats and he's never be hurt or killed by one. I did a good job, that beardie died of old age not a cat or other dangerous animal :roll: . Pretty sure I know how to handle the circus we got going.

It's too freaking cold for anyone to go outside. We have 41f degrees. We got the che (ceramic heat emitter) ready for everyone. Cold outside leads to cold inside just like summer when it's hot. Our geckos don't need che they have under tank heaters and it's doing ok for them. We even have a heater on in the living room for the hamster and hedgehog.

Cowboys lost their leading qb and their second qb. They're kinda falling apart. It put us on top of nfc east because the rest of nfc east is so bad. I don't praise any of the teams. I love my team but like everyone in that area sucks. Week 12 isn't my favorite bc again we go against Seahawks my dads team. It seems this happens two years in a row for some reason. Very colorful night there...a whole lotta screaming at each other. I think Eagles donate to autism...not sure what corporation though. Seahawks donate to cancer...Idk.

Broly has stopped salad so wasted calcium there but ate some squash so not wasted there. So it proves he'll still eat no matter warm or cold the room is he's not eating much. This will be his first ever brumation if he goes. Kane been brumating since a year or two ago. Jamie has always brumated she was 5 yo when we got her, she's 7 yo now.
We haven't weighed Kane and Jamie so will get them up for weight and water if they want. We finally got Broly to figure out the drip water on nose method. He didn't understand for a few years what we were doing. Yeah...Idk why he's that slow. All that matters is he knows now. We cut back on water unfortunately bc his stool became a watery wreck. It will take form in a few days after passing water through.

It's a treat when you have a hamster trust you that much. We also have higgins starburst hamster/gerbil food. I read it's the best on a hamster forum for 2020. There's others that are number one best food. I usually mix the two together and the protein is 17%. She's eating bugs too she's an omnivore. I know it's common for a lot of people to think buy grocery food hamster food and call it a day. It's more than that apparently. We buy her mealworms it's ok for her unlike dragons. She does get the occasional silkworms and crickets. It's not ONLY mealworms. I think we should switch up and have silks the main worm meal. She doesn't care for crickets.

Tldr.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...

So it's cold here too -- 25f when my husband left for work this morning. He bundles up and walks when he doesn't need the car for some reason (groceries after work, etc). His current office is only about a mile away (still on covid lockdown closed to the public, and the infection rate is still rising here in Alaska).

Our heater is a little weird. The thermostat is up against an outside wall so it goes crazy when the outside temperature gets colder, and actually makes it too hot in here, so I have to keep adjusting the thermostat down when it gets colder outside. It took a while to learn how to keep it from actually getting too hot for the reptiles as well as running up the gas bills. We had our house weatherized a few years ago and the newfangled computerized and supposedly more energy efficient heater came with the deal, but the house is still poorly insulated and they couldn't get it much better, so it's still cold by the windows and doors and things ice up in the arctic entry and on some of the windows. Fortunately, we're able to keep Puff at comfortable temperatures for him most of the year. I've never had to use CHEs, fortunately, because I don't like them.

My husband would be happy to hear that some of the football teams donate to charity. I guess baseball is going on now too -- one of the shows we like to watch (Cosmos) got preempted by a baseball game last night. I guess they're still playing in spite of the plague also. I can imagine you and your dad having fun with each other when the Eagles play against the Seahawks. :mrgreen:

Last night was Puff's new scheduled bath and feeding, with a break on Monday. He still didn't eat anything, not even his favorite Repashy Grub Pie. So he may be getting pretty serious about brumating and we'll have to watch his weight carefully. Lights on at 7am this morning, and he gave me "The Look" and went in his hide at 8am.

Jamie is getting to a pretty respectable age!

It seems hard to get beardies to drink water -- Puff ignores his water dish except that once in a great while he poops in it. Once in a while he will drink water if we dribble it on his nose in his bath, and he also seems to dump a little puddle of water along with his poop sort of like Broly. He'd probably be hydrated enough if he would regularly eat his greens but no go. :roll: Squash helps too -- the little cubes soak up water like little sponges. Fortunately he'll eat squash once in a while -- seems to make for a good laxative too. His favorite seems to be kabocha squash and I don't blame him. We cooked up some for ourselves and it's really good -- tastes a little bit like sweet potatoes.

I forget the brand name of the food that I fed my gerbil, but it was a mixture of various things like sunflower seeds and I can't remember what all else -- we didn't feed him any live worms. He did alright on that diet. It was really cute when he'd hold a sunflower seed in his little hands and crack open the shell and eat the seed inside.

It's my understanding (from what one of our reptile vets told us) that mealworms are "junk food" for beardies -- it won't kill them but basically no nutritionally redeeming value. We tried using them for salad croutons in order to encourage Puff to eat his salad, but he's (of course) perfectly capable of picking out the worms without eating the greens. The same thing goes for using Repashy Grub Pie juice for "salad dressing." -- He doesn't like it if it's got greens with it. Oh well. :|

One good TLDR deserves another, huh? :wink: Stay safe and warm...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Halloween is done and it was just us chilling. We watched movies and snacked on candy.

Beardies are all asleep! Broly has skipped a few days eating and today he was being a hungry savage! He still followed my fingers around. He must think it's a worm. Despite what he's doing chasing fingers around you can still pet and pick him up. Vash was never like this and neither was Alucard. Well, Alucard didn't live too long having so many problems at a young age. Besides the point, Im having one hell of a hungry dragon.

Brumation took down two dragons. Broly doesn't refuse nope not this year or any year from now on. He does sleep a few days no food or supplements because asleep. I think skipping calcium is bad given his recurring MBD. He once went without UVB for four days, survived but was having tremors. Once the light was in its fixture and on, MBD was halted. Anytime MBD shows up it's never worse or causes lumps/bumps along his body. The tail already has a bump in it because a bone in the tail from day 1 caused by mbd. The freaking mbd is so freaking aggressive it just shows after no uvb for one day. Jamie and Kane can handle a couple weeks without uvb but not Broly. It's unfortunate.

It's colder, 38f, was a respectable 40 a couple nights ago.
We're supposed to have a bad winter according to the wooly bear caterpillars. If the orange color is shorter than the black then winter is bad. If orange is longer than black then good winter. Of course it just depends on what nature will do. Hopefully we don't lose power for weeks during the coldest time of the year. It can happen though.

Idk about fun it's more of cursing each other out till it's over. Mom doesn't like that crap but she'll tolerate it.

Rain is staring at me she must know it's time to chill and watch tv together.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Hi...
So we talked with both of our reptile vets about letting Puff brumate and it turns out that my original instinct was correct -- he would probably wake up sicker, since it would suppress his immune system. So we're back to bathing him and offering him food every day. He's been eating very little lately but last time we weighed him he was back up above 500 grams, so not too bad yet. Taking forever to poop, too, but since there's not much of anything in there, it's probably not too much of a cause for concern.

Broly must be genetically predisposed to MBD if he gets it so easy after one day without calcium or UVB. At least you know about it so you can take steps to prevent it. Puff's UVB light is due to be replaced at the end of this year -- according to the meter, the output has dropped a little from when it was new, but not critically bad yet. although most days he only basks for an hour or two and then goes in his hide. Hopefully he's getting enough. No signs of MBD so far.

We are considering a trip to the vet maybe sometime in the near future -- he's due for bloodwork and they could give him some iron and B12 if he needs it, which may help a little. Otherwise, there's not much they can do, and I hate to take him in there when they're still on covid lockdown and passing pets through car windows while not allowing humans inside. I hate to not be with him.

We got a fairly good snow dump this last week, and my husband is out shoveling it and talking about shopping for a snowblower. He accuses himself of being lazy but he really doesn't have time, so it might be a good idea. They're predicting that it's going to clear up and get colder this next week -- that's typical for this time of year. It usually "warms" up when it snows and then gets colder when it clears up, so you have your pick of cold or snow. :roll: Settling in to hole up for the winter...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

He had mbd straight from the pet store. It wasn't their fault though. He had mbd from the mother to the egg. I think that's how he has it so quick. It's genetic! I know it is and it's not easy when calcium and uvb don't go well. We already decided calcium and uvb he can't go without like healthy dragons. He has to take it 3x a week and 14 hours of uvb. Well he can hide in a hut if he wants. He gets enough.

Tom gets to go with our pets so no passing lizards through windows here. I don't have to worry about that. I can't imagine how others feel about.

We had bad weather and wind came through. Power been out for about 5 hours in total. It wasn't horrible.

Broly doesn't sleep long. He does eat just not much. He doesn't fight brumation. He's now ignoring greens and rather not eat unless it's bugs,squash or fruit.

Not much going on but won't let this thread go inactive.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom