Uvb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feezy18

Original Poster
Thanks for answering my questions. I got one more wat about this mounted like mine kinda on side? Or is it better on top all together.
108962-4786268850.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We always recommend on top because it can cause eye issues-- if the UVB is on the side- what brand is that fixture?
Karrie

Feezy18

Original Poster
Idk found it on amazon I’m just gna go with the hood and cut screen i think. Doesn’t matter which brand hood does it? I think i saw a zoomed one cheaper. I’ll still get reptisun t5 bulb

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
If you can find the zoo med in stock that's good most places are sold out--- that's why I sent you to the site I did- pangeareptiles usually is where I send people but they have been out of stock- they are a good hood and yes get the bulb I posted they are the best on the market at this time or the Arcadia 12% they are good too another T 5 bulb
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Depends on the MVB--- some do require more UVB and we always recommend a tube as well because sometimes they do not have enough UVB output-- and sometimes the basking temps cant get in sync w/ distance w/ the MVB UVB as well --- I am not real savvy on those bulbs but some others on here are --- so I always go to them and ask for help -- I dont recommend them because I am not experienced w/ them and its easier to advise w/ what I do know --- and it easier to control temps and UVB separately - so thats my spill
Karrie

Feezy18

Original Poster
108962-9163313978.jpg
Ok i ordered bulb and hood but until then i have put a generic lil reflector on this t8 bulb and put it about 6-8 inches from his basking area. I have this lil uv sensor card and it’s registering uv in his basking area.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can use aluminum foil behind the bulb till the new one comes
Karrie

Feezy18

Original Poster
He doesn’t seem to have the appetite that i would think a juvenile would have. Could that be due to uvb? I’ve had him 2 weeks

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes and the relocation stress as well ---- its going to effect him --- the lack of UVB rays is going to effect the absorption of calcium of which will cause him not to eat -- that UVB is extremely important for the over all health --- lack of calcium will cause MBD among other health issues -
Karrie

Feezy18

Original Poster
I’m sure he’ll end up like this habitat better then the one he had at PetSmart lol.. yea i made the mistake of buying from PetSmart but he was so cute lol well not sure if it’s a he or she yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom