Orange Urate

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Thought so, and Lol, her glare looks like Cisco's "Go away before I smite you" glare. Lol :roll:

I Hope your internet comes back up. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She stopped digging and was sitting on the hill of dirt she made for a bit before going down onto the lower side. At least if she does lay eggs they’ll definitely (hopefully) be infertile so I can just throw them out.

Also the good egg is still doing good, If it reaches day 40 and is still growing then I’m guessing it’ll hatch out. Also had a weird dream last night about seeing a developed baby beardie in the egg... probably thinking way too much about it for that to happen as I don’t dream often at all.

I’m gonna setup a basking spot for Venus and let her roam around a bit as she seems to want out.

As for the internet I hope it comes back on too. It’s been off all day to my knowledge.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Internet came back on finally, Venus was basking for a bit before deciding to run around.
I got Neptune out while she was basking and fed her, and Venus some food. Although I tried not to get them near each other, Neptune wanted to bask under the lights as well and luckily Venus got up after a bit and Neptune took her place underneath the lights. Unfortunately while Venus was running around she found a place on my makeshift bed and went to the bathroom on one of the blankets.

I put her away shortly after, currently Neptune is still out and just finished basking an is now wondering around my room.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

And Neptune just tried to jump into Oreos enclosure.. at least she didnt land back on the ground too hard.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Hope so too that she'll lay just infertile eggs. But there's still a slight chance for her to lay more fertile eggs. I Wonder what the egg will look like. :D .

Lol, Neptune obviously wanted to say Hi to Oreo. :) Venus looks as grumpy as Cisco did this morning and Neptune looks as happy as Daisy did. Lol :lol:

and I'm glad that your internet's back up again. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Im hoping that it'll turn out amazing when it hatches, really hoping it takes after Venus and has that nice tiger stripe markings (not entirely sure what to call it). Saturn also has those type of markings but they're a lot dimmer so its not too noticeable.

Think I'm gonna have to put Venus back in the dig box after I get done typing this, she just got off her basking spot and is looking around for a place to dig.

I'm hoping she doesn't lay more fertile eggs, but if she does I guess at least theres room in the incubator for a few more.
I've yet to check on the eggs today but I'm going to do so later tonight.

I think Venus is just a natural grump, shes beginning to get super impatient with me and just ran and jumped at the glass on the side I'm on. To the dig box she goes.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So I've had Venus in the dig box for about an hour or so now, I think this tunnel she's making is the biggest yet, because if she digs a few more inches in she'll be entirely covered except maybe a bit of her tail sticking out.
She's went down from 480 to 455 today. I tried offering her some food but she only ate maybe five superworms and then ignored them and ran around my room (trying to look for a digging spot most likely). Even the BSFL she ignored.
She feels pretty empty inside so it's hard to imagine she'd have any eggs in her, but she didnt feel like she had any last time so who knows.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Well that's strange.. Maybe she just likes digging. Has she laid any eggs yet?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She may just be digging, I dont think she's laid any eggs yet. I put her in the lay bin about an hour ago, I was going to check on her but then my cat, Cinderella got mauled by two dogs at our front door so I got a bit occupied with that and trying to find her... I dont know if she's still alive because I'm pretty sure they ran off with her.... anyway, I just checked on Venus and she's still digging, no eggs to be seen.

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Just got back from a hike in the woods looking for our cat, couldnt find her sadly. I did leave Venus in her lay bin and when we got back she had laid two eggs outside of the burrow and then is currently laying more inside. The two outside are definitely infertile, very small, and shriveled up.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Oh no!! :eek: :( I Hope that Cinderella's still alive! :( Was it one of your dogs or a neighbor's dog or feral dog? Have you found her yet? Are Sofie, Max, or Splotches okay?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She just finished laying, I counted 28 eggs in total, all infertile.
The other cats are fine, although Max has some sort of infection in his mouth I believe, he's on meds right now and the swelling on one of his cheeks have seemed to slightly go down. Strangely on the way to the vet yesterday my mom almost hit that little white dog that just attacked Cinderella today, she said she wished she never threw on the breaks for it.

We'll be keeping the cats inside for a while, usually they go in and out as they please but we don't want to take anymore risks..
The white dog may have been a stray, looking at some pictures my mom took yesterday evening when it came near our house it seems a bit skinny... the other dog however definitely has an owner.
Here are some pictures of the dogs,
image.jpg

image.jpg

The brown one with the collar and the black one already got picked up yesterday by animal control, Im not entirely sure but im guessing the other brown dog was the one that attacked her.

Heres some pictures of Venus, she seems to be doing good right now, she's not as skinny as when she laid the first clutch or like she was when she lost that weight. Fat pads look good for the most part and her tail looks nice as well, just a tiny bit skinny... I'll have to weigh her in a minute.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
:cry: Aww, I'm so sorry for your (possible) loss. :cry: I hope that those dogs don't come near any of your pets ever again.. I do NOT like dogs that just randomly attack poor innocent creatures. :x

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My mom found where the brown dog lives, animal control will most likely be picking it up soon... they also possibly found the white dog but we'll have to check first and see if it is the dog.

I also learned something about the brown dog that attacked our cat, turns out he has attacked a mailman, a small child, putting her in the hospital, and many other cats have died because his owners let him out and dont care about anything. So I'm guessing when they get him he'll probably be put down.

We looked around today and didnt find her but im hoping she managed to get a way and is just hiding.
On another note Venus seems to be doing good today, we're going out to eat but when I get back I'll be feeding her.. hopefully she'll take the food without hesitation. Also I weighed her and she is currently at 440 grams.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
:shock: That's horrible! That brown dog should DEFINITELY be put down if he attacked a child! :angry5: I Hope he gets put down.. That is just HORRID. :angry5:

I Also hope that Cinderella is just hiding. I Know that when my relative's cat got attacked by a wild animal he hid in the woods for a few days and we all thought that he was dead. But about a week later he came back to their house and was fine. (He made a full recovery). I Hope that Cinderella's just hiding just like Mooney did. :)

and I'm glad Venus is doing better. :D I Hope that she'll go back to full weight and health. :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We just got back home from eating and came inside, I went into the kitchen and there was blood all over the floor leading over into where the cat food was, and leading underneath the stairs. I thought it was Cinderella and she managed to come back inside but nope it was our cat Max, his cheek sort of busted open. We got the blood cleaned up for the most part and he's laying around in the bathroom on the cold floor.

Pretty sure we'll have to go to court soon and then the dog will probably be put down depending on what the judge decides.

Venus seems to have a pretty good appetite, she ate all her food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom