Are these stress marks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzynom

I'm new to beardie owning and I've heard about stress marks and I just want to know if these are stress marks on my baby beardie.
88195-9781613992.jpg

MsCarter

Juvie Member
Yes, they are what people call "stress marks". Don't be alarmed this does not always mean stress (although it can). When my girl was that small she kept "stress marks" 24/7. In fact a lot of the babies I have seen have them. The truth is they do it for many reasons, stress of course being one. It can also mean they are just simply trying to attracted more heat to them or that they are excited..the list goes on and on. As long as your temps, lighting, and housing is correct this is normal.

Enzynom

Original Poster
Okay good, I didn't understand why he would have stress marks because all of his stuff was good. Thanks.

Enzynom":j5e0dbsq said:
Okay good, I didn't understand why he would have stress marks because all of his stuff was good. Thanks.
My beardie always gets stress marks when he's absorbing more heat or if he can see me and I haven't got him out of the cage. He's a bugger lol. Try giving your beardie a nice warm bath or let them run around for a bit then a cuddle to calm them down. Might help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom