Any idea what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your feed your dragon any type of worms? It might be an undigested worm that didn't quite come out when your dragon last pooped. This happens sometimes if they're not getting adequate UVB and aren't able to digest their food properly. Although I've certainly never seen it get stuck!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it looks like a dead superworm. Have you tried to wipe it off ? At first I thought it was coming out of his/her vent [ bum ] but it looks like a piece of dead worm sticking there. If it doesn't come off, can you take another pic with his rear held up to show it better ?

SIZEMICT

Original Poster
Yes I do but this is not coming out of his vent. It is coming out muck lower in the tail. His poop has been well digested and he is happy and eating well. I thought the same thing but like I said it is not coming out the vent. It is define coming out of his tail and it is very sensitive.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I know, I can see that it's further down the tail than the vent. Did you try to soak him + wipe off ?

SIZEMICT

Original Poster
Here is another pic, it's a little fuzzy since it is hard to hold the tail and take the pic at the same time.I am going to soak him tonight.

78883-5915890601.jpg

SIZEMICT

Original Poster
Well I gave Russell a soak and he had a very large bowel movement. The piece came out of his tail. I took a photo of his stool and you can see there are no undigested parts of anything. I had him at the vet last week for a wellness check and did a fecal and everything came back perfect. Wierd. I just need to make sure the opening in his tail heals without getting infected.

78883-4469800014.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Dry him off + get some raw,unpasteurized honey [ from health store ] It's a powerful antimicrobial and promotes fast healing because it's full of vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Put that on + wrap a bandaid around it.

SIZEMICT

Original Poster
It does look like a piece of superworm, the strangest thing. I will get some honey. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom