how long can a juvenile beardy go without eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
hi everybody i just wanna know how long can a 3 month old 9.5 inch bearded dragon go without eating? just in case if i go somewhere for say 3 days and i cant take him with me thanks!

deh05001

can you leave any pellets or "bearded dragon bites" in the tank while you are away? That was your dragon will have something to munch on if it is reallllllly hungry. I don't think the pellets can spoil like veggies can if you leave them out. I think it's better to leave something in there than to leave it bare.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Juvies really need their protein to grow healthy, i dont think 3 days will kill your beardie but i would use it as a very last solution.

I would also suggest get someone to feed him. If this isnt an option i know some petstores and vets offer "boarding" facilities.

Just a thought

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
you all have some good ideas! what do you all think about bearded dragon bites or pellets? i might go with that idea i never used them beofore i just wonder if its any good for them

pellets need to me moist for the beardies to eat them.. after an hour or two in the viv they will be hard and crunchy. so not an option... I would have someone check in anyway just tpo make sure lights are working properly and thay he/she is ok. Never adviseable to leave a baby unattended. if someone can't stop, please board your beardie and do not leave them alone without food for 3 days...

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
luvthebeardies":2aiybr91 said:
pellets need to me moist for the beardies to eat them.. after an hour or two in the viv they will be hard and crunchy. so not an option... I would have someone check in anyway just tpo make sure lights are working properly and thay he/she is ok. Never adviseable to leave a baby unattended. if someone can't stop, please board your beardie and do not leave them alone without food for 3 days...
oh ok what does board mean? i have to pay for someone to keep him?

yes, your vet or some pet stores offer to board your pet for a nominal amount each day. If someone can not check in on them each day at least once.. this would be a good option.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
luvthebeardies":1pfys23m said:
yes, your vet or some pet stores offer to board your pet for a nominal amount each day. If someone can not check in on them each day at least once.. this would be a good option.
my parents will be home while im gone so they can check on him everyday im just tryna teach them to feed him while im gone my mother dont like crickets and she kind of scared of the bearded dragon cuz he got bigger :lol:

well he is very cute and sweet, so I am sure that if your mom can't.. maybe she would not mind a friewnd of yours coming in to do at?? Just a thought.. I hope it works out! :)

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
luvthebeardies":3bfca2zb said:
well he is very cute and sweet, so I am sure that if your mom can't.. maybe she would not mind a friewnd of yours coming in to do at?? Just a thought.. I hope it works out! :)
thank you! :D but i have no idea how my signature picture got that big :shock: i didnt even do anything i dont know how that happened :? but i dont hang out with none of my friends all of them went down the wrong road so im to my self really so thats out the question :( only thing i can think about is boarding him or let him stay home and my mother check up on him everyday she can give him vegatbles while im gone but she not touching those crickets

sorry to hear that about the friends.. as long as he is getting something for 3 days that would be good. veggies would work, cut up into bite size pieces.

Jess

Extreme Poster
How about getting some worms? My mom always comes in my room and feeds Dudley wormies when I'm not home... My pets love her, LOL. :p I won't touch bugs either, so I have a tweezers that I use.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":3rkfwbig said:
How about getting some worms? My mom always comes in my room and feeds Dudley wormies when I'm not home... My pets love her, LOL. :p I won't touch bugs either, so I have a tweezers that I use.
my mom hates insects/bugs period! so worms is no better lol she wouldnt even touch them with tweezers thats how scared she is of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom