What would be a good weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie2

I have a rescue, 20 inches long. She's been gaining weight nicely and still has some divets in her tail. She is about 2 years old (we think).

Last weight (Sunday) was 456g. What would be a good weight for her?

92480-1694477108.jpg

92480-2732861503.jpg

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Depends really, much like humans they have different weights and body types but her weight is fine for an adult and if she is gaining weight I wouldn't worry about it, shr will soon fill out.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, agree with Neil. Her weight isn't too bad right now but another 50-75 would be good but another 100 over a longer period of time would be fine. Her legs did not develop a lot of muscle so her weight will be a bit less than other dragons with a more hefty build. Don't worry about trying to put weight on too fast, that can do more damage than good. Slow + steady is the way. Some people still think a fat dragon is healthy but these become couch potatoes and develop the same health problems that we do, including joint + internal organ damage.

Looks like you're doing a good job with her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom