Baby growth rates - help me collect data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kessed

Hatchling Member
OK I'm just going to admit it, I'm a math/science nerd... I really want to collect and then graph a bunch of growth cures for bearded dragons. I think that would be really cool. I'm planning to weight/measure Zaxxi every week or so (the exact timing doesn't really matter). I'm wondering if anyone else would be interested in joining me and helping.

All you'd have to do is measure your baby nose to tip and if you can weigh them about every week. Then update your post in this thread with the new measurement and the age of your dragon when they were taken. I'll collect them into excel and see what we get. It's TOTALLY ok if you miss a week or two. It's also ok if you want to do this now and then kind of trail off in a bit.

What do you think?

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Age (weeks) Length (inches) Weight (grams)
8....................... 7.25

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Okay I'll bite, because I've been doing this too! I've been doing every 2 weeks, but I can do it every week if you would like. :D

Nero: 7 weeks: 7"
9 weeks: 9" 27g (just got the scale) :lol:

I will add Soleil's measurements soon, she is arriving today!

SukiLove

Juvie Member
Soleil - 7* weeks, 7"
I'm not going to stress her out by handling her too much to weigh her, so next week I should have both updated on weight and length. :D

*Came back and edited a typo, realized after putting in current info I put wrong age :roll:

GizmosGrammie

Hatchling Member
Kessed,

I have my stats on an excel spreadsheet at work. I can email them to you if you don't mind. My little girl's (I think) growth has progressed nicely since I adopted her from Petco. I try to measure her every two weeks. I've had her since Jan 30, 2015, Petco got her on Jan 16, '15. I'm guessing she was 6-8 was when I got her; and was 6 1/2", 7.09gr. She is now approx 14 1/2"(?) and 219.71gr.

I keep track because Gizzy is my first beardie & I wanted to make sure she was growing. If she's growing at least I know I'm doing something right.

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I would love to have that data. I think it would be super cool to plot numerous growth curves and see how they compare.

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You guys rock. I'm going to figure out a good way to share the file with you guys.

JLollino

Hello I've had my Khaleesi about over a week and did her first weigh in and measurement this morning. Not sure her exact age but I've had her for 9 days so this is her measurements
6 1/2 inches and 10 grams
I'll keep you posted weekly on her progress

Kessed

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Zaxxi finally started shedding yesterday. I took her stats today:

10 weeks, 8 3/8" and 29 grams. So far all the babies are following roughly the same curve.

SukiLove

Juvie Member
I am totally curious how this is going to pan out. Nero has german giant blood in him, so he has the chance to get a bit bigger. I will keep posting their weekly counts, or if it is easier on the thread I could pm them to you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom