droopy eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
i was reading and i saw that not enough calcium or vitamins can cause this cause my little guy has em i just noticed when i was playing with her and she is well hydrated so i know thats not the issue anything else can cause this?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you can post a picture of your dragon, we can assess her more effectively. Some dragons tend to have more droopy eyes than others do. It may have something to do with genetics as well.
How often do you give calcium & vitamins? How old is your dragon?

Tracie

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
she is sleeping now but in the AM i will post a pic and i cut back on the calcicum to every other day cause i did it every feeding before but im going to up it to every morning feeding and i have not had a chance to use the vitamins and shes around 4 months i think

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
its not really a good one cause i have no camera :(
NewImage-1.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

OH yeah if you were using calcium every feeding then cut that back to just one calcium dusting per day, 5 days per week. She might have been getting too much calcium which will cause dehydration, etc.
Try that & see if there is any improvement in her eyes.

Tracie

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah thats what umma do and im gonna try to get her the vitamin powder today and if i do would i be able to do it today since she hasn't gotten any then again Saturday and Sunday and then have a schedule of calcium Monday through Friday and vitamin Saturday and Sunday?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

No change in the eyes yet? How long have they been droopy for?
Are you giving extra oral fluids daily? That can really help if she is dehydrated. What is the humidity in the tank at?

Tracie

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
not even a week and shes not dehydrated cause i give her two baths a day and she also eats the veggies i spray and her poop is wet and humidity is around 35ish

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So her eyes were not droopy until a week or so ago?
Which vitamins are you using again?
Baths are helpful & spraying the veggies as you are doing should help quite a bit too. Does she eat most of them, or not?
Some dragons tend to have a little bit of natural droop to the shape of their eyes, while others don't.

Tracie

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
correct
i started using the repti one till only a week ago after she gottem
(wasnt using any before :( )
and yeah she eats most of them
she is looking better today :)
not at as droopy i gave her the vitamin powder all weekend and also added carrots to her veggies(not alot)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

So she is looking a little better today? Perhaps it was a little bit of dehydration. The vitamins may have helped her out somewhat also. Does she seem to feel better as well?

Tracie

pl4life52

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i looked at her closer through out the day and it looked the same :/
shes always active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brohelphimlol
Top Bottom