Urate doesn’t look right.. (pic added)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob1289

89988-5933880634.jpg

Is this normal? She’s been eating a lot of carrots, wax worms, and super worms lately along with other fruit. Maybe it can be discolored because of that?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would cut back on the carrot and see how that goes. It's likely affecting the color and the fruit can cause upset stomach, especially if a lot is offered. Try sticking to dark leafy greens and squashes for a bit and see if that helps. Some more ideas for what to offer here http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It could be due to the carrots and other veggies she has been eating, but also sometimes when their urates are tinted orange it's also an indication that they are dehydrated (a urate that is tinted bright pink indicates that they have excess calcium in them, just an FYI). So I'd probably go ahead and start just dripping water on her snout 2-3 times a day for her to lick off, just drip, let her lick, drip, lick, etc. and give her as much water as she wants until she stops licking it off. A lot of people do this on a daily basis since Dragons typically don't drink standing water from a bowl, and not many will drink from their bath either (just soaking them in a bath will not provide them hydration, they have to drink the water through their mouths just like we do, so unless she actively drinks her bath water then the baths aren't going to help). Try doing this and see if it clears it up, either way it's good for her to stay hydrated.

I don't think this is anything at all to worry about, as long as her appetite is normal and she's not lethargic or having trouble with her bowel movements. She's just a little dehydrated, and it most likely is also due to the carrots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom