Walking weirdly and not active

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not that it explains anything because plenty of people have healthy dragons from such stores. Your girl is big + healthy, something has just gone awry that hasn't been definitely diagnosed yet. Just like with people, various illnesses pop up [ M.S., C.F., cancer, cerebral palsy, auto immune disorders, etc ] and is not traced back to unhealthy parents.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Poor little girl :( I was catching up on everything hoping some answers were given.
I'm sorry I cannot contribute too much to the conversation but I'm hoping it's a minor injury that will clear up

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's lost a bit of weight, but she's also dehydrated. After her last bad she's when I thought she had an RI she never quite gained all her weight back before this hit.

So a small update: she got an X-ray today but they had to send it to the herp vet for examination and I should hear back tomorrow. she's barely moving she's holding up her head but not wanting to move around much at all and sleeping a lot. She's only eaten three dubia yesterday and nothing today. I've been trying to give her water a couple times a day and she's taking water just fine and drank maybe 2ml cherry juice each day. I finally resorted to baby food today and she ate most of a 4ml syringe full. I've been adding a little calcium to her water and the baby food. I've given her a bath everyday and two today because her body is completely grey from an impending shed and I want to make sure it's a smooth process. I took her outside for about 20 minutes earlier for some real uvb. She's HATES being outside from the couple other times I've tried, but she's so weak she just didn't even care today. Her first poop of the day was a bit small but normal, her second was just runny urate.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor girl. :( Was her appt. early in the day ? A trip to the vet and having X-rays done may have worn / stressed her out. That may be the reason for the extra lethargy. Hoping that she perks up a bit more for you.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It was actually later in the day. The vet said she can't see any reason why she wouldn't acting like this. She sees nothing medically wrong with her! I've been giving her baby food and she seems to perk up afterwards, but still walking wonky. And she's still waving both arms in slow motion regularly.

Also I just have her a bath and I moved my hand away a bit to see if she would swim or even react and she just sort of rolled sideways, almost like let herself go and never reacted. I had to lift my hand back to get her before she just sank... never reacted.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Has she been tested for adeno ? Sorry if I missed that anywhere...ADV can cause neurological symptoms but these don't seem to quite fit, but you never know. Don't put her in the water anymore for now, [ unless she gets dirty ] it may be terrifying and could be dangerous. Just offer water via syringe with some pureed food or other supplements.

Hopefully if it's related to calcium it will get better with supplements + lights, or if it's a strain or slight fracture it will heal. You're still waiting on X-ray results I think ?

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Waiting to hear back about the adeno test. Negative for prasites and X-ray came back clear. Takes a bit to get tests since the vet is working out of a different office and we're sending tests to her to go over(she's is 3.5 hours away but works out of a local office one day per month).

I keep giving her bath because she is pooping right where she lays and won't move and her body is completely grey from an impending shed. Since she won't move around to run it off I thought a soak and toothbrush would help(she always gets super moody and "down" when she sheds) to give her some comfort. Honestly I would never ever let go of her, I had my hand just below her. Of course I see how horrible that sounded now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K, yes that's surely needed if she's dirty. You're taking good care of her, you really are.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks :) I am really trying to make sure she is not only healthy, but thrives.

Since my last post I do have a new question. So she's moving around a smidge better, almost like she's walking slower deliberately to walk better. She just a few minutes ago had some back foot twitching. Then she walked over and climbed up on top of her habba hut which is right below her t5. Then she had some more foot twitching. The vet said her X-ray looked good, but is there any chance that when I switched from the coil which was inches away from her main basking spot to the t5 which was along the back side above the screen that it caused a quick depletion? she was still eating plenty of calcium though

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think calcium deficiency is the issue and a short period of even no UVB would be OK. MBD is more of a gradual issue. If the x-rays showed clearly defined bones then that proves it. I wonder if a CT would reveal anything. They are expensive though (around $500 at my vet).

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Oh wow... I hate to sound terrible, but there's just no physical way I can manage that. I've been feeding her baby food as much as she will eat. I'm using chicken vegetable, is this ok or should I be using something else? I'm putting calcium in every syringe and anything else I try to get her to eat/drink. I should have the adeno test back on Monday.

The good news is after eating she seems to perk up a lot. She's still dehydrated and has lost weight, but at the moment she isn't getting worse

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Chicken and veg is probably fine. I've had good luck using plain green bean baby food and squash baby food as well. Occasionally some sweet potato baby food. You can make up your own slurries too using a broader range of veges. It's a little bit more work but it's cheaper and you can provide a more balanced diet which is good if the syringe feeding is required for long periods of time.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
What kind of blender and syringes do you use? My blender is very old and huge. Can I blend up bugs and actually veggies? I really hope that syringe feeding isn't long term. Normally I'm at school and work most of the time so I'll feel terrible if I'm not home to feed her in case she gets hungry

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For Dundee I used to blend up his greens and veges along with a bunch of water. Usually collards, turnip, or dandelion along with squash, green beans, bell pepper, or similar. Then I'd run it through a sieve and discard the large bits or use them in my own smoothie. I'd filter the rest through cheesecloth (or clean pillowcase/sheet type of material) to get rid of water until it is the consistency of baby food. The excess water was tossed or added to a smoothie. The middle bit was the consistency of baby food so it would go in and out of a syringe easily and I could make a jar of it that would last most of a week at a time. I kept that up for about 9 months and it gave him a nice varied diet.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's a really great idea!

Well today she ate about 4ml of baby food this morning and has been decently active(by comparison of the last few days). Her walk is still pretty uncoordinated, but she is waking some and she's climbing up onto her habba hut to bask. She's also eaten 9 medium supers today. I know they're basically junk food, but I'll let her eat literally anything right now if it means she will eat actual food. But she has zero interest in roaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom