Tank Cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering what everyone on here uses to clean/disinfect their beardie's tank and furniture. I obviously want to use something that will get my beardie's tank clean but also not adversely affect my beardie. Thanks!

TrebleClef

Original Poster
Ok, so I did a little searching and found that a lot of people use steam cleaners to clean their dragon's tank. I just purchased a hand held steam cleaner on Amazon for $35. I'm still interested to hear what other people use as a cleaner, how they do it and how often they do a full tank cleaning. Of course I will use the steam cleaner for when I do a full tank cleaning. I am also interested in hearing how (and with what) you clean the daily poop from the tank. I have vinyl tile in the bottom of my tank as substrate, so I've been collecting the poop with a paper towel and then going back over the area with another paper towel that has been sprayed with a vinegar/water mixture. What are your thoughts?

KRayne

Hatchling Member
I use a vinegar water mixture in a spray bottle. I spray all the furniture throughly then let it sit for a few minutes. After I rinse them really well. Then I spray the inside of the tank and wipe it out. The mixture is about 10 parts water to 1 part vinegar.
I do a wipe with vinegar water once a week over the substrate and surfaces of the furniture and then once a month I do a through clean

KRayne

Hatchling Member
That's interesting. I might have to look into it and get some to really disinfect my tank aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom