New enclosure! Custom

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
$70 will be a little tight. Does that budget include lighting? I would try to build something at least 4'x2'x2' with a front opening door. You could build a sliding door or a hinge door that flops down and latches closed. Something that will make it easy to access the whole enclosure without disrupting the lights. There are plans available for a crossfire enclosure which is a popular choice for a DIY project. https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=211384

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
You might find something on Craigslist - either already made or that you could convert into a habitat.

You could also make a tub style enclosure, it's not as nice as the plans cooper linked but would fit the budget. viewtopic.php?f=75&t=186395

JayceeBuddy67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My dad already has a lot of supplies in his shed. Including wood. So I will probably buy thermometers and new lighting, and accessories. Should I get a heat pad for night time?

JayceeBuddy67":22mmes6t said:
My dad already has a lot of supplies in his shed. Including wood. So I will probably buy thermometers and new lighting, and accessories. Should I get a heat pad for night time?

They feel heat through the top of the their bodies. They could burn on a heat pad. I would recommend getting a ceramic heat emitter (CHE). I have one on low to make sure the night time temps don't get too low, plus it keeps the humidity low. I use lamp dimmers for my basking bulb and CHE so that I can adjust the output.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you already have most of the supplies on hand, then I'd allocate as much of the budget as you can to good lighting since that's such an important component of their health. Once you come up with a design and enclosure size we can help make suggestions for lighting options if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom