air vents!!

alyssa2704

Hello, I have started making the custom background for leo’s enclosure and was wondering if the two air vents that are imprinted at the top enough ventilation?
As you can see I have made a cave and underneath is just solid foam so it would be quite difficult to try but some air vents there.

Attachments

• IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, I have started making the custom background for leo’s enclosure and was wondering if the two air vents that are imprinted at the top enough ventilation?
As you can see I have made a cave and underneath is just solid foam so it would be quite difficult to try but some air vents there.
Need cooperdragon to take a look
@CooperDragon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What does the rest of the enclosure look like? Will those two slots along the back be the only ventilation in the enclosure?

alyssa2704

Original Poster
What does the rest of the enclosure look like? Will those two slots along the back be the only ventilation in the enclosure?
yes there is a little hole in the glass of one of the doors and the doors have gaps between the wood when they’re shut so it’s not as if he is completely sealed in.
There are also two more vents at the bottom but I didn’t think before i started building so they would be covered up by foam.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpeg
    IMG_0708.jpeg
    105.9 KB · Views: 46

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You could try it out as-is. It kind of depends on the temps and humidity that builds in the enclosure. If you find that those get too high or are tough to control, you could cut some circular vents into the wooden sides of the enclosure and use plugs with sliding fins so you can open and close them (think like the ones on a bbq grill) to control airflow. If you cut them low on the cool end and high on the warm end, that will help encourage airflow via convection.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom