"HANDI-CAPABLE BELLA, PLUS OLLIE+ PYREX!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thanks atreyu917..............I'm just as excited to show everyone pics too, if I can't figure how to post this week-end, I'm going to have a conference call to talk me through...........can't do anything till this weeke-end..............I'm right out straight with work.

Bella is doing well, she's eating, pooping and loves to bask on her hammock.........so precious.........I really feel she's settling in nicely.......and she even looks like she's getting bigger right before my eyes............update later, off to work.

Geno

Just a thought - can you email pics? I'm sure someone would be happy to make an account and post them up for you. I'd be happy to help.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank-you Geno, I'll let you know this week-end after I try to post myself, I have to conquer this. :?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I can post these pics correctly, I still don't have it down pat, so bear with me. My camera has failed me, but I was able to transfer some of Bella's pics, so here goes:

BELLA.jpg

This is the picture the previous owner had sent to me as I was considering getting her, she looks bigger than she is, but you can see she's not what a 2 yr old beardie should look like.

100_0069-1.jpg

This better shows her size, 1st pic when we got home.

100_0083.jpg

Here she is measuring 9", and shows her handicapped limbs, the hidden front left is the only full limb.

100_0066.jpg

Bella's first salad, yum yum!

100_0074.jpg

"Oh, is this what good eating means"..first butterworms!

100_0088.jpg

First phoenix worms,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

100_0096.jpg

Bella, on her new hammock basking!

100_0097.jpg

MY BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL, BELLA.

So I hope this gives you an idea of how sweet she is, of course I have many more pics, just like a proud mom. Bella has been doing well, eating like a little piggy, pooping everyday, basking and bathing, with no signs of aggression or biting.

I have a few concerns though:

She is pooping her butterworms out whole, so I'm going to raise her temp and see if she digest better.

She has a protruding "ligament"(?), under her beard, it doesn't seem to bother her when I palpate it though. When I feel my boys beard, there is a definate V ligament in the beardie anatomy. It feels as though hers is broken. :(

She doesn't have a straight line of teeth on the bottom, seems as though one side has a second row next to the one that's there, I'll have to check out my boys teeth. Maybe that's normal, but it doesn't affect her eating. Here's a pic.
100_0082.jpg

So that's it for now, thanks for the interest, and I'll keep them coming if you want.

Bugs and wishes to all,
Christine

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Awww, she is beautiful! I am so glad you figured out the picture thing.
She looks like she is a sweetie!
Congrats!!!!!

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
WOW!! she look SO HAPPY! grats.

My beardie is also pooping out his pheonix worms whole. What does that mean? Is he not getting any nutrients from them?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
:blob8: Congratulations Christine! :blob8:
It's good to see that you got the posting pic's down.........I'm sure you will share many more! :D

Bella does look very small for her age....but she has plumpness to her. :D

Christine I was just wondering does she digest the rest of her food?
Is it just the butterworms?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Thank-you everyone,

Jiffy: I'm not sure I've figured out the posting of pics thing yet, :oops: I've been working on it since 5:30 Am :shock:

covedwellerxd2: I feel like I'm the fortunate one to have found Bella, I'll try to keep the pics coming, thanks!

Elora: Usually it means that the temps are not high enough for digestion, do you have a digital thermometer to check?

Barbara: I've noticed that some phoenix worms are coming out whole as well, I don't see any salad though, What is your thought?
And yes, she's even getting a little belly, what do you think?
100_0064.jpg

"Just munching out" :wink:

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
beardie osk":acaed said:
I've noticed that some phoenix worms are coming out whole as well, I don't see any salad though, What is your thought?
And yes, she's even getting a little belly, what do you think?

I myself would probably post in health just to see what others have to say about it.
Just make sure also that when you take her to the vet you mention this to him.

My first thought was temps.......mmmm......but I think that the salad probably wouldn't
be digesting either. :roll:

My second thought is.........I have to think about her teeth and the throat thing.
Does she seem to appear to be chewing it up good?
Does she ever seem to be giving a lot of effort to swallow anything?

My thoughts on what her throat problem reminds me of............

It reminds me of when someone forces a beardie to open their mouth to administor med's or to force feed. I never allow the vet or any of his assistants to force my beardies mouths open. But there's always that remote possibility that this could have happened.

My third thought is some kind of impaction issue. :dontknow:

Sorry this is not of much help. I have been trying to find any similar questions of posts about beardies not digesting all of their food.

Don't you just love the way beardies keep us guessing. :wink: :lol: :banghead:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I know what you mean Barbara, you can drive yourself crazy trying to fiqure everything out.

She seems to chew her food without any problem, plus no swallowing symptoms seen either, so I'm hoping it's the temp. She has a mercury vapor light but her viv is not quite 40 gallon, so I have to watch temps carefully, I have a new light and stand coming this week, so it'll help me to regulate, in the meantime, I will make daily adjustments. Older beardies tend to like lower temps, whereas, younger beardies like it warmer, so I'm trying warmer temps now, (even though she's 2+) when my supplies come, it will be better. Another reason I question her age, but with all that, she's a cutie!

What did you think of her teeth? I havn't checked the boys out for comparision.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
aw, what a cutie! how well does she get around? is that front left hand helpfull in climbing or is she able?

i would love to see some vids of her moving, though i understand not all people have video cameras capable of uploading.

its great you got her, im sure she will get the very best attention.

i kind of skimmed through(im about to post an ER question for that basilisk), did you get her because you wanted another dragon or because she needed help?

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
jscott":1d116 said:
aw, what a cutie! how well does she get around? is that front left hand helpfull in climbing or is she able?

i would love to see some vids of her moving, though i understand not all people have video cameras capable of uploading.

its great you got her, im sure she will get the very best attention.

i kind of skimmed through(im about to post an ER question for that basilisk), did you get her because you wanted another dragon or because she needed help?

Thanks Jason, she sure is a cutie! She walks pretty well, but because the back legs are amputed at different lengths, there is a limp, her front right has no toes so it makes it hard for her to attach to anything, that's why I set the hammock up (low), she can just sprawl out and not have to worry about holding on. She is very quick, especially when she spots her food, so there's nothing that hold her back. I have kept everything low in her viv so she still can feel like she's climbing up and is able to get in whatever position she wants. I do have video capability in my camera, but that will have to be another day of experimenting, ie: transferring it to photobucket and then to this site. :shock: I'm so bad at all this stuff.

I have always wanted a little girl, orange, with some red.............. but since I got Pyrex,(someone bought and left him at a reptile show) that gave me 2 beardies, and with me moving someday, I felt it wasn't time...... but I'd still check breeding sites to look at colors, and craigs list. :roll: That's when I found Bella, and I couldn't resist, especially when the owner told me if I traveled to get her, she would be free. But really............. it was more than that, somehow I new she was suppose to be mine........ odd, but true. And can you believe it she's orange/red to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No regrets on my part. :D

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Christine - She is beautiful, bellisimo! :laughing6: and she does look very happy and comfortable with you! My guess would also be the basking temps for the undigested worms, hopefully upping the temps will straighten her out. The other possibility is relocation stress, again something that will pass as she settles in. My new dragon, Spike, is dropping very small stools, with some liquid, but she had one large, fairly solid bm to start, and I have only had her three days, so relocation stress is definitely the immediate culprit in her case. If the two weeks pass, and it is still the same, a vet check is in order for Bella. As far as her teeth are concerned, they do look different to me, too. What would cause it, I don't know, but I don't think that it's part of the problem with undigested food, as I have a couple of dragons who never chew a thing, just swallow as fast as possible, but their stools are well digested. Hope everything else is well, and I am so glad you got her! :mrgreen:

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
THANK-YOU LIZARDGIRL: for your words of encouragement, I'm really proud of her too.

I do think there is something about beardie mates that share a viv when young, picking on a beardie that's a little different, ie: the teeth, the throat ligament, and being a runt, etc. I agree with you............... I feel it's a temp thing regarding her digestion, and maybe the relocation stress, but I have to say, she shows no signs of that. When I think that she was advertised as "aggressive", and has shown no signs of this here, (startles easy, but no aggression) I know she feels safe............warms my heart............ Boy......you can get so sappy! :wink:

Bugs and wishes to you and all your babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom